Link: Navy Seal Who Inspired "Lone Survivor" to Meet with the Team Today

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Marcus Luttrell, a retired Navy SEAL whose survival story inspired the box-office hit "Lone Survivor," will meet with Alabama's players Friday on the eve of the Crimson Tide's showdown with No. 1 Mississippi State.

Luttrell is also speaking Friday at Tuscaloosa's Bama Theatre as part of his "Patriot Tour." Alabama coach Nick Saban confirmed Luttrell would meet with the team during his weekly radio show Thursday.

In June 2005, Luttrell was one of four Navy SEALs caught up in a gun fight with Taliban forces in Eastern Afghanistan. He was the only survivor. A helicopter consisting of 16 SEALs dispatched to rescue the group was also shot down.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Didn't Saban have the 2012 team watch Zero Dark Thirty before the Notre Dame game? Maybe he figures SEALs are good motivators.

Not good news for our friends in Stark Vegas.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
IMO, far better.
Books are almost always better than movies but in this case Marcus had a lot to do with the movie. I heard an interview with him and someone who knows him well and Marcus wouldn't allow anything in the movie that he thought glorified himself. I haven't read the book yet but I plan on doing it soon. Marcus is a class act and he deserves anything good that happens to him.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Books are almost always better than movies but in this case Marcus had a lot to do with the movie. I heard an interview with him and someone who knows him well and Marcus wouldn't allow anything in the movie that he thought glorified himself. I haven't read the book yet but I plan on doing it soon. Marcus is a class act and he deserves anything good that happens to him.
A great movie by the way but I don't understand why they just let the goat herders go. That decision right there cost 19 American lives. They seemed to be under the impression they had to either 1) kill them right then and there, 2) tie them up (which would result in death because of starvation?), or 3) let them go. They chose option 3 and all those people died. Why not option 4: make them march half-way to the extraction point THEN let them go. By the time they would have gotten back to the village AND brought the Taliban back to the Americans they would have been long evacuated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.