Coming Out Flat?? I Just Don`t Think So...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
for some reason, even if there is a history of doing so after LSU. There`s been so much made of it and we all know it`s been as much a central theme of prep as the actual game plan for MSU. I think T Town in general and BDS in particular will be rockin`!! Wish I could be there! RTR!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I don't think so either. In the past with State after LSU, it was usually an "okay, we had the slobberknocker, let's catch our breath this week", but not this time. BAMA is the hunter, at home. I think we'll be up for this one. Krymsonman

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I don't see us as flat this week, either. We had a week off prior to LSU, we're at home again, and because of MSU's rank and the playoff situation I just think we'll be sky high. Works out great to have WCar the next week as well so we can safely come down off of the 2 week LUS/MSU high (provided we win) and still have time to regain focus for the Iron Bowl.

JF3

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Hopefully, focus for what we need to do takes us to the level of play we had against A&M. This team is becoming consistent on defense at the right time and I don't think the players want to lose that. I believe the offense will feed off the defense and the urgency/composure we had to beat LSU in OT will carry over. We will not be flat. We should play 4 qtrs of Bama football on offense and defense. Roll Tide!!!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If we come out flat/not ready to play it won't matter because we will be out of the playoffs. Quite frankly, if we can't beat MSU at home we don't deserve to make it to Atlanta or the CFP..

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yes, Alabama has come out flat in the past, especially after the annual war with LSU. But that's been mainly because MSU has been considered, in most years, to be the annual homecoming pushover. This year is much different because MSU is now as as strong in many respects as Alabama and is also now the #1 team in the country. Jess has is right in that this year, Alabama is the hunter, not the hunted, and as such is planning to bring down it's prey. Although this will be a tough fought game, I have no doubts that the Tide will succeed in re-stocking it's freezer with Bulldog meat.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I don't think they'll come out flat. But they may wear down physically as the game goes on. Several players commented about being beat up and worn out after the LSU game. We need to score early and score often.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Yes, Alabama has come out flat in the past, especially after the annual war with LSU. But that's been mainly because MSU has been considered, in most years, to be the annual homecoming pushover. This year is much different because MSU is now as as strong in many respects as Alabama and is also now the #1 team in the country. Jess has is right in that this year, Alabama is the hunter, not the hunted, and as such is planning to bring down it's prey. Although this will be a tough fought game, I have no doubts that the Tide will succeed in re-stocking it's freezer with Bulldog meat.
I still think Alabama is the hunted. People expect Alabama to win this one.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`ve always found it more than a little interesting how often for our opponents our games are " Their most important game ever" or how often we`re other teams "Most significant win in their history" . It would be interesting to see how many times Alabama appears on any SEC team`s list of " Top 10 Victories in Team History". I`d bet it would be a bunch!

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
Yes, It is also interesting how every team we play over the years...it the best team they have ever had and once we kill them...it's - oh they weren't that good after all. Even tough I know this and refused to buy into the hype against ND-- by game time they had me a little worried again.. We have had two games this year were we scored on the first play... I smell a third!!!!!! Kiff will have some interesting surprises to start this game! Roll Tide! 48-17

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Yes, It is also interesting how every team we play over the years...it the best team they have ever had and once we kill them...it's - oh they weren't that good after all. Even tough I know this and refused to buy into the hype against ND-- by game time they had me a little worried again.. We have had two games this year were we scored on the first play... I smell a third!!!!!! Kiff will have some interesting surprises to start this game! Roll Tide! 48-17
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.