****Bama vs. MSU Postgame Thread****

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Probably. Maybe not though. If MSU's only loss is to Bama as we end up winning the SEC, we'll be the #1 or #2 team in the country. MSU is still in it.
Depends on how far up they rank us. If we're #1, then maybe you keep them at #4 and kick TCU out for the moment. The thing that hurts State (I think Ole Miss, A&M and Mizzoo do this as well) is that they play 4 cupcake teams while most of the SEC plays 3. However, if we come in at #3, #4, then no... they'll go back to #6-7. The thing is no one has a clue what these idiot committee members are using for criteria when they vote. They are a very inconsistent bunch who don't appear to know college football as well as they should to be on this thing. Just win. That's all we can do. Man, except for this PC, what an awesome season this has been so far :)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
3 points dude.
We had them right where we wanted them. (note lack of blue font). The defense was brilliant. Don't give up a quick TD -- make them earn it. They earned every single one of their points and it took all of 60 minutes to do it. Each game is different. You cannot use the transitive property in college football -- especially the SEC.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Melvin Gordon might have something to say about that. He broke the FBS single-game rushing record today with 409 on the ground.
True, but let's be realistic... Oregon has Nike... Wisconsin has... erm... snow. I'm not saying he's the best player in the country, just that he's going to get the Heisman. I'm still in awe of that number... 408...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
True, but let's be realistic... Oregon has Nike... Wisconsin has... erm... snow. I'm not saying he's the best player in the country, just that he's going to get the Heisman. I'm still in awe of that number... 408...
Yup, there's your Heisman winner. And so far, I'd say he deserves it. But, beating Auburn, winning the SEC Championship and another National Championship mean so much more. Takes a team to do that.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Didn't think we played well on O at all but we still beat the no 1 team. That alone says something about how good this team is when they play to their potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Perhaps it does not matter where we are in the top 4. They may set the games so that the matchups are best for money, rating, NCAA in general so that there is less chance of a blowout. For matchup purposes, it's a matter of moving a team up or down one spot.

I would be happy with any number 1-4.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
What's amazing is that he did it on 25 carries. Nebraska has recent history of playing terribly against Wisconsin. They gave up 70+ points to the Badgers in 2012.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.