Game Thread: Auburn vs. Georgia

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Gus will not make it back to Atlanta, or even make it in the SEC for very long, until he starts to put more emphasis on the defensive side of the ball. You just can't play defense as poorly as AU has the past several seasons and expect to have a shot at the west and the SECCG on a regular basis. They don't even need a dominant defense, just an average defense would do. Kinda like MSU..
That's what I was saying at the beginning of the season. Bad defense cost them the NC last year.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
You guys have had some serious talent on defense (I think more than one or two are playing Sundays now) - it hasn't been the talent, it's been the coaching. Please give EJ a lifetime contract., please???????

Sure. Fairley, Dee Ford, a linebacker and DB here or there. As a whole, the last time we had a dominant D was the Tuberville era. But you're right, probably getting close to the time for some defensive coaching changes.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Something is going on with the AU defense. Not sure what it is though. CEJ had generally been a good DC at several stops particularly at USCe. CRG is a good recruiter and DL coach.

Honestly I think scrimmages against their offensive has destructed their defense. They have also had horrendous LB as of late too. I don't know who their DB coach is but he needs to tighten up.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Sure. Fairley, Dee Ford, a linebacker and DB here or there. As a whole, the last time we had a dominant D was the Tuberville era. But you're right, probably getting close to the time for some defensive coaching changes.
You also have to remember, my barner brother insisted Chicklets left the cupboard bare, as it were, for GM. He said all of those highly rated recruiting classes had left by the time GM came. You see why I have a problem with barner fans? I must say that you are a total and complete exception. i know a few others, but only a few.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.