Game ball goes to Cyrus Jones!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
He plays with a ton of confidence, that's for sure. He's been very, very good for us. So have the rest of our guys. Secondary is playing very well, affecting a lot of routes and passes.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Jones may have taken the bullseye off his chest tonight. As Danielson observed, the scouting was that he was the weaker corner and teams have thrown at him on purpose. That approach has not been as successful this year as it was last year, and tonight, it really hurt MSU throwing at Jones.
It is not a smart move to throw at Jones. Problem is, it is not smart to throw at Jackson either.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Jones may have taken the bullseye off his chest tonight. As Danielson observed, the scouting was that he was the weaker corner and teams have thrown at him on purpose. That approach has not been as successful this year as it was last year, and tonight, it really hurt MSU throwing at Jones.
It is not a smart move to throw at Jones. Problem is, it is not smart to throw at Jackson either.
Although Jackson has been good, I think Jones has been better. I'd pick on Jackson before I picked of Jones if ​I had to choose.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Extremely proud of his play today as well, and all year. He's been an overall reliable CB, maybe the most consistent. However, the secondary became a force when Eddie Jackson got healthy and shut down one side of the field.

Everyone wants to bring up the WVU game and the Ole Miss drives that beat us in the air. Well, we were missing our best corner and 2nd best DB after Collins for both games. There's still some huge tests to go, vs Auburn and possibly SECCG and 2 more in the playoffs, and I'm excited about that, because as of the addition of Eddie Jackson, this defense has possibly 4 more games vs quality opponents to prove that this is one of our most complete defenses under Saban, if not the most overall. There's great DB depth, as well as LB depth and star power, and the D-line can both shut down the run and rush the passer. Impressive stuff.

They all have to do their part, but Cyrus has definitely been a stud this season.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He's played well all season. Thought he caught a lot of unneeded criticism. He contests every throw. Even the TDs he gave up against WVU and LSU were guarded very well. They were just perfect throws.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Lets give Nick Perry some love too. Boy, he was flying AROUND out there. One of the best games Ive seen him play.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Dude has come a loooooong way! But we knew it would take time!
I'd imagine Cyrus Jones is the Bama player most looking forward to playing the Barn. After that play where he played the run and the Barn threw the ball over his head in that "is-it-a-run-play-or-a-pass-play" option in the 2nd half. I'd bet Cyrus wants him some "get even."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.