JK Scott

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
The kid is solid. Sitting in the stands yesterday I thought State was going to block one of his kicks in the 4th quarter, instead it was another 50+ yard kick and flip of the field.

I wish someone would watch the tape and count the hangtime on that punt. Seemed like it would never come down... 5.. 5 1/2 seconds? Amazing.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Greg Gant was the best until now, IMO. I think he had an 89 yard punt in one game.
He also had the two punts blocked against Auburn in the Punt Bama Punt game..lol.
But Scott right now is averaging 46.8 ypp, which is incredible. His net punting average of 43.28 is second in the nation 1/100 of a yard behind the Idaho punter.
I can't imagine how good he'll be as he grows up a bit.
sip

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Greg Gant was the best until now, IMO. I think he had an 89 yard punt in one game.
He also had the two punts blocked against Auburn in the Punt Bama Punt game..lol.
But Scott right now is averaging 46.8 ypp, which is incredible. His net punting average of 43.28 is second in the nation 1/100 of a yard behind the Idaho punter.
I can't imagine how good he'll be as he grows up a bit.
sip
You`re right about GG. It`s not time to mention Scott with Ray Guy ( the best there ever was, IMHO ), but he`s going to be fun to watch the next couple of years! Who knows.....!

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
A replay was showed of one of Scott's punts and I was amazed at how flexible his leg is. He brings the leg so far back and then explodes through the ball! His knee come close to hitting his chest. It is as if the kid has no ligaments in his leg!

I ran into Lane Bearden one night a good 4 years after he played at Bama and the guy still had a severe limp. Not sure if it was from his ACL issue at Bama or that he had been on the soccer fields all day that day.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
You`re right about GG. It`s not time to mention Scott with Ray Guy ( the best there ever was, IMHO ), but he`s going to be fun to watch the next couple of years! Who knows.....!
You're right about Ray. I was glad to see him get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year. It was WAY overdue, IMO.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Here's a sickening feeling. Scott punted in Colorado. Can you imagine how much his punts would carry in that thin air? I'm really impressed with his ability to pin the ball inside the 20 and not have it go rolling into the end zone. He's definitely going to be a weapon as time goes on and he grows more.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The combination of J.K. Scott's amazing kicks and Cole Mazza's amazing snaps are actually making the punting game fun to watch. (When we have to)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Guy couldn't have punted in an domed stadium or he'd have knocked a hole in the roof.
As Scott matures he could really be something special. Right now he's just a skinny 18 year old kid with an amazing leg.
He may have a real shot at the Ray Guy Award.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
The combination of J.K. Scott's amazing kicks and Cole Mazza's amazing snaps are actually making the punting game fun to watch. (When we have to)
Probably why they both are on SCHOLARSHIP. I think there were a few people making fun of us for those offers. Boom to that!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.