Question: What are the Chances for a BAMA-USM Rematch?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Assume both win out and MSU gets one of the 4 spots, I could see the committee "choosing" a rematch playoff game over the possibility of an all SEC championship game. Either way, the possibility of a rematch seems pretty strong to me. Thoughts?

Sorry - USM - Meant Mittippi Tate

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
USM?
Assume both win out and USM gets one of the 4 spots, I could see the committee "choosing" a rematch playoff game over the possibility of an all SEC championship game. Either way, the possibility of a rematch seems pretty strong to me. Thoughts?

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Assume both win out and USM gets one of the 4 spots, I could see the committee "choosing" a rematch playoff game over the possibility of an all SEC championship game. Either way, the possibility of a rematch seems pretty strong to me. Thoughts?

Wouldn't they have to rank us and them 1,4 or 2,3. I just don't see that happening

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I guess all that talk about "only 1 SEC team" getting into the playoffs was just bunch of hooey? Now that we've beaten MSU, they all of a sudden want to see a rematch? So what are we supposed to do, beat them 2 out of 3?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Of the potential playoff opponents, I have had quite enough of MSU. they are clearly the best team in the top eight (other than another team which modesty prevents me from mentioning).
I'd rather Bama play TCU, the Criminoles,* the Ducks, Baylor, Arizona State, but not MSU. They are the best team of that bunch. By far.
And that is why the committee will make sure they are out.
The other team I'd rather Bama not face right now is Ohio State. They look much better than they did in September.

* Looks like Rapist Winston is having a rough night, so they may be out of the running.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Of the potential playoff opponents, I have had quite enough of MSU. they are clearly the best team in the top eight (other than another team which modesty prevents me from mentioning).
I'd rather Bama play TCU, the Criminoles,* the Ducks, Baylor, Arizona State, but not MSU. They are the best team of that bunch. By far.
And that is why the committee will make sure they are out.
The other team I'd rather Bama not face right now is Ohio State. They look much better than they did in September.

I agree but I don't understand your logic on why the committee will leave MSU out; because they are the best of the bunch?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm not worried about playing anyone. Bama is the most complete team in the country. Solid in all 3 levels of the defense. On offense we can run and pass and have a QB that can make plays with his feet. Probably only weakness is kicking field goals. Punting and coverage teams are spot on. I don't think we are dominant but I think we are the most complete and best coached..

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Wouldn't they have to rank us and them 1,4 or 2,3. I just don't see that happening
I could see logic getting tortured and twisted beyond recognition to ensure that no conference (especially the SEC, what with the Bama/LSU rematch still fresh in memory) puts two teams into the final. If any conference - and the SEC is the only one with a legitimate shot at it this year - puts two teams in the dance, I would assume that the committee will ensure that they are either 1/4 or 2/3, regardless of logic and merit.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
No way. Don't forget that this committee was set up so that 2 SEC teams don't get in. Besides, State may get back in the top 4 but once the conference championship games are over, the winners of the conference championships will get enough of a boost to jump Miss State. It will take a 3-loss B1G champ and a 3-loss ACC champ for them to take a 1 or 2 loss non-conference champion from the SEC. So, this ain't happening.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think we ought to flog anybody who says, "This committee was set up to make sure...." of anything - because NONE OF YOU KNOW THIS!!!!

And the hypocrisy on this board is hilarious. For a year now a bunch of you have been whining about "they're gonna make sure two SEC teams don't get in" - and now you're whining because a second MIGHT get in and "we shouldn't have to play them again."

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS AND BE CONSISTENT FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!

Or go post on a Barner board. Geez!!!!

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
And the hypocrisy on this board is hilarious. For a year now a bunch of you have been whining about "they're gonna make sure two SEC teams don't get in" - and now you're whining because a second MIGHT get in and "we shouldn't have to play them again."
I don't see anyone whining about them getting in or playing them again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.