Appreciation for Adam Griffith once again

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just have to put it out there again, I'm just proud of him for not quitting, and just playing through his injuries.... I was happy with him today. I will always support AG for better and for the worse. He's getting better each game, and I think He'll be back being sharpshooter kicker for Alabama soon. To think anyone is suggesting JK Scott to replace AG is not looking at the long term picture and isnt' thinking clearly.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I just have to put it out there again, I'm just proud of him for not quitting, and just playing through his injuries.... I was happy with him today. I will always support AG for better and for the worse. He's getting better each game, and I think He'll be back being sharpshooter kicker for Alabama soon. To think anyone is suggesting JK Scott to replace AG is not looking at the long term picture and isnt' thinking clearly.
I think he will be too, I just hope it's very soon.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Im sorry man, but I disagree 100% Adam is a good but as a player he is just not performing well. Being injured is MORE reason he does NOT need to be playing, he could easly be hurt WORSE. Sit Adam down against Western Carolina and lets see how JK Scott can do with XPs and FGs.

And there is no logical reason you can say that is not thinking clearly. Players don't perform well and are sit down all the time...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Im sorry man, but I disagree 100% Adam is a good but as a player he is just not performing well. Being injured is MORE reason he does NOT need to be playing, he could easly be hurt WORSE. Sit Adam down against Western Carolina and lets see how JK Scott can do with XPs and FGs.

And there is no logical reason you can say that is not thinking clearly. Players don't perform well and are sit down all the time...
None, other than you, (or I) have no idea how good JK is at kicking field goals.

Last edited:
B

BroadwayJoe777

Injuries or not, we have to make those field goals he keeps missing! Otherwise it will be problematic down the stretch.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
That's why we let him try against Western Carolina, I mean it wont matter in this game if we miss some XP or FG.
How about Blake or Reggie , do we let them, try as well?...Griffin is our kicker, like it or not, that's where we're at. Being a punter does not mean JK doubles as a place kicker.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
That's why we let him try against Western Carolina, I mean it wont matter in this game if we miss some XP or FG.
I totally agree. Not sure what the extent of the injury is to AG, but give him some rest. Whether the back up place kicker is Scott or someone else, a miss in this game won't matter. The extra rest for AG may be worth it down the stretch. It also helps us get some real game experience for the back up(s).

Last edited:
I applaud this. Didn't know he was still gimpy though. We don't need two kickers. We have a kicker.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
We have to try to remember that AG was one of the very BEST out of HS so when you re ruit the Best what are you to do frm there. I think he still gets a lot of blame for the IB last year which I don't think is fair.
Maybe CNS will reassign some of the Special Teams responsibility to another coach besides His long term friend Coach Williams. It is not the fault that AG misses a 27 yard FG but something in the process just ain't right, I'm not smart enough to say what. AG is a good kicker we just got to get him back on track.

Our Punter is GREAT true asset to the team. We are not returning kicks like we have in the past, but the recovery of the on side kick was amazing something we have not been good at it.

I don't think we reed to replace coaches but we do need to find someone to help & CNS can draw the Best.

First time in a long time with Kiffin running the offense I don't panic over a missed FG.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Exactly. Do we pull Cooper when he drops the ball? Do we pull Yeldon when he fumbles the ball? Do we pull Sims when he throws an int? Unlikely. Griffith is the same case. He is the best player for the position. I find it amusing that some people are calling for his head, because of his missed a field goal from the same spot that he made previously... and no, It's unlikely the field goal would've made any difference because Miss State was going to try and make a comeback. The 2 point conversion would've happened anyway. Dude is still rehabbing from his injury and CNS has said he has lot of faith in AG, and we need to do the same thing. Dude is 11/17 for the year... which isn't a bad number. The field goal from Auburn game last year was just " Hey,we have nothing to lose.. let's see what AG can do here.." No one knew that it would end up a 99 yards touchdown.. It's amazing how some people have short term memory.... Griffith saved our butt several times this season. He got us to OT against LSU. WE don't appreciate good things about him. So no, we will not be trying a new kicker. Scott needs to focus on his only job,and that's to punt the ball and make the team suffer.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Exactly. Do we pull Cooper when he drops the ball? Do we pull Yeldon when he fumbles the ball? Do we pull Sims when he throws an int? Unlikely. Griffith is the same case. He is the best player for the position. I find it amusing that some people are calling for his head, because of his missed a field goal from the same spot that he made previously... and no, It's unlikely the field goal would've made any difference because Miss State was going to try and make a comeback. The 2 point conversion would've happened anyway. Dude is still rehabbing from his injury and CNS has said he has lot of faith in AG, and we need to do the same thing. Dude is 11/17 for the year... which isn't a bad number. The field goal from Auburn game last year was just " Hey,we have nothing to lose.. let's see what AG can do here.." No one knew that it would end up a 99 yards touchdown.. It's amazing how some people have short term memory.... Griffith saved our butt several times this season. He got us to OT against LSU. WE don't appreciate good things about him. So no, we will not be trying a new kicker. Scott needs to focus on his only job,and that's to punt the ball and make the team suffer.
I wish I could have said it as well as you just did.

Wanna see kicker problems ask Bobby Bowden, we are no where near that.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Only time will tell, but my prediction is AG will end up being historically one of Bama's best kickers by the end of his career. He reminds of Leigh Tiffin in a lot of ways. Leigh struggled his first year, missing 3 kicks in an overtime loss to Arky (I think). Leigh was benched after that loss. His next few years, though, were epic, leaving Bama as the All-time leading scorer in Bama history at the time (maybe still is???).

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have to say stay with Adam. He was hurt in game 3 ? A kicker's Psyche is fragile, they have to have confidence! We have had very good kickers kick badly at times. Coach is sticking with him for a reason.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.