Mizzou or GA in the SECCG

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If Gurley is out I would rather play UGA. I think we would handle either one but UGA without Gurley would almost be no threat no win the game..

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Re: Mizzou

And yet he couldn't figure out the lizard's offense....I think it was solely due to last year. Nothing in the 'dawg's history this season (beatdown of mizzou notwithstanding) can explain this butt-whuppin. They are still one-dimensional on offense, and I don't think their offensive line is as good as the who's. Mizzou would be easier for Bama because they still can't tackle, but Bama would beat either one handily. IMO
What can explain this butt-whuppin is Auburn's second loss to Texas A&M last week, all but eliminating them from playoff consideration. I think their spirit was a bit crushed by that loss. That makes me smile.

That's not to say that Georgia's not a very good team themselves - they are. But they're not 34-7 over Auburn good.

Back to the topic though, I'd much rather play Missouri, as I think Mizzou isn't anywhere close to as tough an out as Georgia is. But I think Mizzou will stumble at some point between Tennessee and Arkansas - both those games are toss-ups in my mind. If they do lose one of those, Georgia's the east champ by virtue of their 34-0 h2h shellacking of Mizzou.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
If Gurley is out I would rather play UGA. I think we would handle either one but UGA without Gurley would almost be no threat no win the game..
i agree. I think we'll get Georgia regardless, though. I really don't see Mizzou winning the next two games. First, though, we have a little business to take of.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Nah, remember, FL KILLED this UGA team two weeks ago, Just mauled them. Florida.
I get what you're saying but what's to say UGA didn't think that game was a gimme and looked past it? That loss could have definitely lit a fire under their you know what. UGA will also be looking for payback from us taking the win from under their nose and the national championship in 2012.

I have greedy reasons for wanting to play Mizzou though as you can tell from my location. My fiance's family are Mizzou fans. [emoji3]

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

I don't think there is any way Missouri wins their last 2 games...Uterd beats them next week IMO. IIRC, if Missouri loses 1 of the 2 then jawga is the East champs...

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

I don't care we got 2 more games to win! You can't judge the barns performance against us by how they play anyone else, it's a different season all together when we play, history has shown that. Just a few weeks ago, most did not expect we would make it to the SECCG. So whoever is ok by me I think this team can beat anyone right now.

I just don't understand the Kiffin digs, he has done a Great job this year, you got some players that need to learn how to catch the football but other tah that he has called the right plays, to the point I would say Genius, like Homer Smith! Better enjoy his play calling while you can, someone will Grab him up.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

Jeremy Pruitt. He really seems to have Malzhan's offense figured out.
Yes. 1. Slow down the Barn's running game, especially Marshall (held him to 41 yds, Total rushing 150). 2. Establish a between the tackles running attack (289 yd rushing, thus winning time of possession). 3. Force the Barn to beat you with long passes, which Marshall is not consistent doing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I get what you're saying but what's to say UGA didn't think that game was a gimme and looked past it? That loss could have definitely lit a fire under their you know what. UGA will also be looking for payback from us taking the win from under their nose and the national championship in 2012.

I have greedy reasons for wanting to play Mizzou though as you can tell from my location. My fiance's family are Mizzou fans. [emoji3]
georgia has a ton of experience looking good against mediocre teams after getting embarrassed. this year is par for the course for georgia

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I rather play mizzou, but UGA isn't as good as people think. I think if we play mizzou we beat them by 24 if we play UGA we beat them by a late 10.
i cannot believe how scared some of our posters are to play a mediocre uga team. this year's team isn't even in the same galaxy as their 2012 team, and their 2012 team was more a collection of decent talent than an actual team (which is par for the course for richt).

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
i cannot believe how scared some of our posters are to play a mediocre uga team. this year's team isn't even in the same galaxy as their 2012 team, and their 2012 team was more a collection of decent talent than an actual team (which is par for the course for richt).
I don't think the posters, including me, are "scared". I think it has more to do with preference - most of us would rather play Mizzou than UGA. I see the Bulldogs as a bigger obstacle than I do Mizzou. Also, I don't think UGA is a "mediocre" team. They'll be ranked near the top-10 of the newest rankings and are right at the top of the East. Admittedly, the East teams are down this year, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "mediocre".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't think the posters, including me, are "scared". I think it has more to do with preference - most of us would rather play Mizzou than UGA. I see the Bulldogs as a bigger obstacle than I do Mizzou. Also, I don't think UGA is a "mediocre" team. They'll be ranked near the top-10 of the newest rankings and are right at the top of the East. Admittedly, the East teams are down this year, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "mediocre".
i think they are very mediocre in terms of talent and coaching. that's just mho of course.

but they lost bad to florida. and not in a close game decided by a weird bounce or something, they looked like they didn't even belong on the field against arguably one of the worst teams florida has fielded since pre-spurrier time.

i still think tech beats them this year.

Last edited:

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I feel like the barn got a free pass last year as MIZZOU was not the best team in the east. And given if they would have replayed UGA I think the barn Would have lost. I think we deserve a easy championship game for once. We always seem to get the FLORIDA or GEORGIA'S of the world when they are dang good and have to struggle to win. Look at AUBURN IN 2010 They got Carolina, which sucked, last year they got MIZZOU ! which WAS A FAIR TEAM in all reality. I want MIZZOUI , Georgia COULD BE A HANDFULL FOR US.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.