Mizzou or GA in the SECCG

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i cannot believe how scared some of our posters are to play a mediocre uga team. this year's team isn't even in the same galaxy as their 2012 team, and their 2012 team was more a collection of decent talent than an actual team (which is par for the course for richt).
The question isn't are you scared of UGA but would you rather play mizzou or UGA. I think anyone that has any sense and doesn't have any logical reasons of wanting to see a UGA vs ua game would say mizzou. I'm not scared of UGA, but playing them after auburn and in the Georgia dome is going to be a tough game. We are a different team on the road against good competition so I see a close game if it's UGA we play

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Agreed..........we could use a "breather" (if you can call playing anyone in the SECCG a breather) more than we do have than we need to have a tough close game.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Re: Mizzou

Stubbs? Rick Newhouse? From "Butch Cassisdy . . " who are these guys? :smile:

Given a choice, I would take Mizzou as an opponent. Pruitt knows more about us than anyone on the MO staff.
Sorry, I had a touch of dyslexia last night. Of course I meant Chubb and Robert Newhouse.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Anyone heard the status of Gurley yet? I know most UGA fans fear it is a torn ACL.

I would hate this for the kid, considering UGA did "the right thing" in sitting him down immediately (unlike the sociopath and his codependent coach in Tallahassee) while waiting to sort the autograph mess out.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Anyone heard the status of Gurley yet? I know most UGA fans fear it is a torn ACL.

I would hate this for the kid, considering UGA did "the right thing" in sitting him down immediately (unlike the sociopath and his codependent coach in Tallahassee) while waiting to sort the autograph mess out.
Haven't seen anything official yet, but based on what I saw I'd think the same. He either had an MRI today or will have one tomorrow. That will tell the doctors the story.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Between the two ... UGA looks to be the best option to win out. I just dont have the confidence in this Mizzou team to win both of the last two. They should beat UT but Arky is going to be a tough haul for them. UGA also seems to be putting it together consistently after the Florida game, the only team that may give them fits is Georgia Tech. First things first we got to make it to the SEC championships first though :)

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Georgia's SEC schedule is done. If Missouri loses to Arkansas or Tennessee, they're in. Pretty sure we'll play UGA myself.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Georgia will still be a very tough team without Gurley.

My focus now:
1) Western Carolina
2) Auburn
3) Auburn
4) Auburn
5) Auburn.....:)

I am so thrilled with the team for allowing us fans to have this scenario to banter about.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Bama ended up with a very good team that year, but in that game Galbreath rushed for more yards than Bama had in total offense. It was a tough loss to start the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.