What UGA did against the Barn VS what we can do

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think we can throw on their secondary all day long, just like we could have in 2010.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
We have to score TDs and cannot go into a 3rd quarter funk as has been our trend this year; and if we get up, we cannot let up. We have to drive a stake through their heart because we know they have a tendency to come back from the dead.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Auburn is very good at taking away your best runner, They held Gurley in check like they did Richardson. We need another runningback to step it up.

They will run more read option than against UGA and pass much less, except the pop passes. I think we'll be ready for it but I don't see us running on them like Georgia. Hopefully Sims has a great game. If he does we win.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Auburn is not going to be riding high into this game and its not in their place either. I think that's big. I don't know if we can emulate the UGA gameplan because we're simply not a very physical running team this season. We kinda have to use the pass game to open up the run more than any other Bama team recently. I'm not sure if that matters much against this year's Auburn defense...I think there are a lot areas you can attack them.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Our backs don't run anywhere as hard as Gurley or Chubb. You are correct with your dancing accessment, our backs are big but they are bit soft and have fumble-idis. I really hate that we lost Drake even though he was the smallest, that kid was tough and would pound the hole.
I think we can match/better any players on the UGA D.
Nick & Kerby should be able to do what Pruitt did.
I will be very disappointed if we don't.

As a whole, I don't think our O-line can run block as well as UGA.
UGA running backs make one cut and go, they don't "dance".
We'll be hard pressed to run it that well.

Our punter is the best.
We do need to look into our blocking for punts though,
we had a bad hole on one punt that MSU should have blocked.

Have at it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have a feeling that Auburn will definitely move the ball. But it is once they get to those short fields..is where our defense can control them more. I hope we get a few INTS down there.
At this point in the season, stats start to paint a picture. Right now that picture is that MSU is a better offense (both in yardage and scoring) than the barn, and you saw what CNS and Co. did to the MSU offense yesterday.

If the barn comes in and plays hard for 60 minutes they can challenge Bama, but they gave up against UGA, and the barn fans claim this team has fallen apart in the last few weeks. If Bama punches them right in the nose in the first quarter, this one could get ugly fast.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
At this point in the season, stats start to paint a picture. Right now that picture is that MSU is a better offense (both in yardage and scoring) than the barn, and you saw what CNS and Co. did to the MSU offense yesterday.

If the barn comes in and plays hard for 60 minutes they can challenge Bama, but they gave up against UGA, and the barn fans claim this team has fallen apart in the last few weeks. If Bama punches them right in the nose in the first quarter, this one could get ugly fast.
at this point, based on the picture painted by posts on our board this season, i expect several hand wringing threads about western carolina this week. you know if we don't watch out, they could sneak up on us ;)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Youre going to be disappointed then. Auburn will spend the best two weeks wth nothing on their mind but beating Alabama which their ultimate goal every year (not a national title). Auburn is a fairly weak minded team which is why they played so flat against UGA - their hope at the playoffs was over.

I will be happy with a 1 point Bama win, surprised by a 10 point win and shocked at anything over 17 points.
This pretty much sums it up for me, too. With that bunch, dog fight to the end. I`ll always worry that they`ll find a way to keep it close and discover a new supply of pixie dust at the end!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
If our mind is right for 60 min, this thing could be a blowout. I don't forsee is having a letdown against this bunch. Last year's IB has been motivation all spring & summer.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

This ^^ they quit against UGA. If we can get on top of them early and get a few 3 and outs they might do the same against us, especially if the crowd comes up big like they did against MSU. that said, it's a rivalry so the boys ought to be ready for a 60 minute battle!

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
i think bryant denny will be absolutely going insane for that game, I'm thinking a beat down on par with 2011-12
2011-12? That's an awfully high score...you really think the barn can score 12 against us?:biggrin2:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
The thing that scares me is that we seem determined to throw the ball no matter what is happening in the game and we often sputter for long stretches in the game because of it. If we build a big lead on them they may quit. If they're within 14 in the 4th then they can flip all of the pressure onto us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The thing that scares me is that we seem determined to throw the ball no matter what is happening in the game and we often sputter for long stretches in the game because of it. If we build a big lead on them they may quit. If they're within 14 in the 4th then they can flip all of the pressure onto us.
The good news - this Alabama team really responds well to pressure. I think that Alabama is going to CRUSH Auburn this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
IMO, *u-UGA is a prime example of what the CFP is going to do to the CFB regular season. You have a team (*u) knocked out of the CFP and probably quitting. You have the other(UGA) with half a chance of getting in and playing lights out. And sooner than later we will have one that is already in mailing in an EOS rival game to get ready for a playoff game. Just like the NFL.
Not really any different than the BCS was. If anything both teams had more to play for Saturday night thanks to there being 4 spots than the two spots in the BCS.

It's always been his thing. He had 3 NFL RBs on his roster at the same time (McFadden, Jones, and Hillis) and he wanted to throw (which was part of him getting run out of Fayetteville). Went to Tulsa and had success throwing. Came to AU, and Cam hit several receivers who were 20 yards wide open, but it was him and Michael Dyer running that got them to Tempe. He got what he wanted the following year with a throwing QB, but the results were trash. He was able to throw at Arkansas St. and he parlayed that into his current gig. Last season, he ran out of necessity because Marshall didn't have the entire playbook (same situation as Cam really). But now that Marshall does, he wants to pass. Jeremy Johnson is head & shoulders better as a passer than Marshall. Marshall has a much stronger arm, but can't hit the backside of a barn. But what he brings to the table with his legs is unmatched. But Gus is stubborn. He's been anointed by Spurrier, Cowherd, and the like as the next great one. Let him take his lumps.
An Auburn coworker asked me last year what I thought about Marshall and Jeremy. I told him Nick Marshall is an athlete that can throw and Jeremy Johnson is a quarterback. JJ is mobile enough to run the ball some, but his passing will help the offense by taking the safeties out of the box. Gus is a good offensive coach but doesn't seem to know what he wants to do. Does he want to run with Marshall since it works or does he want to prove to everyone they can pass since the narrative in 2013 was Auburn was one dimensional?

Almost makes me wonder if he's passing more to continue to sign big name QBs. Why would a more traditional drop-back QB want to go play for Gus if he's going to do run the offense of Cam Newton and 2013 Nick Marshall?

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
1) This ain't 2013
2) The barn is not going back to the SECCG and they dang sure aren't going to the playoffs. They're headed to either the Peach Bowl, or at best, the Capital One bowl.
3) A "nothing to lose" auburn team can be quite dangerous, but an auburn team that believes, (aka "team of destiny") and has ridden the unicorn all season long is a WHOLE lot more dangerous. See 2010 and 2013. FWIW, I never felt good about last year's IB. I sensed that loss as far back as the 3rd or 4th week of the season last year.
4)If this game were at jordan-hare, that would be one thing. But, this game is in Tuscaloosa, at night. It is hard to imagine them having the advantage in this situation.
5) If absolutely, nothing else, the barn has ZERO defense. If we can't wear down this auburn D by the 4th quarter, then we have no business going to Atlanta.

Alabama 31 barn 13

Last edited:

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I really don't understand why so many think auburn will tank for the iron bowl. why? this is their national championship game now. they have a chance to destroy bamas dreams in this one. we have not shown the rush game this year expected. we have survived on our defense forcing turnovers, rushing the qb, stopping the run. the offense gets pass protection, but, not strong along the front. we have a wounded yeldon, a straight up running back that is slow hitting the holes, but, has great power. we miss drake. we don't have the normal excellent blocking tight ends, and o.j. howard is not catching the ball. we now are depending on a first time freshman at end, is a good one, a injured white, and Amari cooper the best in college. blake can make plays with his legs, but, cannot take advantage of a weak secondary, except for the short passes. even so, bama is good enough to beat any team, but if make mistakes can be beaten. don't sell auburn short they have shown their hurry up can score on bama, we just need to not make turnovers, and penalties in the red zone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.