What UGA did against the Barn VS what we can do

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
I think we can match/better any players on the UGA D.
Nick & Kerby should be able to do what Pruitt did.
I will be very disappointed if we don't.

As a whole, I don't think our O-line can run block as well as UGA.
UGA running backs make one cut and go, they don't "dance".
We'll be hard pressed to run it that well.

Our punter is the best.
We do need to look into our blocking for punts though,
we had a bad hole on one punt that MSU should have blocked.

Have at it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's a bitter rivalry, blah, blah, blah...

But Bama should absolutely annihilate the barn in two weeks. Like embarrassingly bad. Which will please me.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Auburn is on two game losing streak..their confidence is dropping...I smell the blood in the water. We all saw what happened to Ole miss after they lost. Auburn is on same path.
It's a bitter rivalry, blah, blah, blah...

But Bama should absolutely annihilate the barn in two weeks. Like embarrassingly bad. Which will please me.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
As long as we can keep their offense off the field, we can achieve similar results. Long drives like that fourth quarter back breaker against Mrs. State are the key. Make'em sit on the sidelines and watch.

What we can't do is make the barn make mistakes, which is part of the reason they got pasted last night.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Every game has a life of its own. You really can't compare scores or stats. Just look at what Alabama did to Florida and Florida did to Georgia. It doesn't mean anything if and when we play the dogs. The same applies to the barn.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
What UGA did was just run run and run some more. That really helped their defense out so much. 52 rushes for 289 yards with a 5.6 YPC.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Every game has a life of its own. You really can't compare scores or stats. Just look at what Alabama did to Florida and Florida did to Georgia. It doesn't mean anything if and when we play the dogs. The same applies to the barn.
Totally agree. Those thinking auburn on November 29 will be the same auburn team from last night in Athens are fooling themselves.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I agree. Regardless of what else goes on with the barn, you can always be assured of one thing. They prepare for the IB - every year.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
IMO, *u-UGA is a prime example of what the CFP is going to do to the CFB regular season. You have a team (*u) knocked out of the CFP and probably quitting. You have the other(UGA) with half a chance of getting in and playing lights out. And sooner than later we will have one that is already in mailing in an EOS rival game to get ready for a playoff game. Just like the NFL.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I think Yeldon and Henry will gash that d. When the barn d tries to stack the box to stop the run, we throw it to Amari, and he gashes the d. :)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Not really sure we will do that to them.

For two reasons:
UGA had two healthy backs that are playing at an incredibly high level, and a very healthy offensive line. We don't. We have a gimpy RB who is playing his guts out and another one that is dangerous in the open field, but has had trouble finding open field.

Secondly, Gus wanted to attack UGA through the air....He tried to make Marshall what he's not (been trying to do that all season), and UGA exposed them for it. 3 & outs for AU plus UGA pounding them for long drives running made their defense look worse than they already do.

Do I think we'll beat them? Absolutely. And before the season, I thought it would be a bludgeoning...It may still be that...God knows I hope it is. I mean a woodshed type affair. But as we are currently, I'm not as positive about it as I'd like to be.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Not really sure we will do that to them.

For two reasons:
UGA had two healthy backs that are playing at an incredibly high level, and a very healthy offensive line. We don't. We have a gimpy RB who is playing his guts out and another one that is dangerous in the open field, but has had trouble finding open field.

Secondly, Gus wanted to attack UGA through the air....He tried to make Marshall what he's not (been trying to do that all season), and UGA exposed them for it. 3 & outs for AU plus UGA pounding them for long drives running made their defense look worse than they already do.

Do I think we'll beat them? Absolutely. And before the season, I thought it would be a bludgeoning...It may still be that...God knows I hope it is. I mean a woodshed type affair. But as we are currently, I'm not as positive about it as I'd like to be.

Good points. It was more tongue in cheek than anything, but I think we win. Hopefully comfortably.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.