Muschamp ... "resigns"

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Re: Muschamp Fired

How hilarious would it be now if he beats FSU?
Now that the decision is made, all the pressure is off, it might very well happen. FSU is struggling to come back against a bunch of mediocre teams. Talent wise, Florida can be much better than mediocre, especially if they get on top.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

Fox 13 Tampa said it at 7 am this morning. Not surprised. I don't think he stays in the SEC, look for the NFL to be next step, Dooley doing ok with Cowboys as Recievers Coach.

Look for Florida to go after a coach like. Meyer out of a school like bowling green/ Utah say Tater Tot??? Ha ha.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

With crap rolling downhill, I say Muschamp to Barn
Ellis Johnson better be getting quotes from People Movers. Barners already about to burn him in effigy from Toomer's oak. I would agree that Muschamp has to be on the Barn's list of possible DC choices.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I hope all of you who are advocating the hiring of Kirby Smart as Coach Saban's replacement are watching VERY closely.

The SEC does NOT allow you to get "on the job training" when you've never been a head coach anywhere at the collegiate level. Mark Richt is an exception. Go look at all the disasters in the SEC lately:

Mike DuBose
Mike Shula
Ron Zook
Sylvester Croom
Will Muschamp
Lane Kiffin
Ed Orgeron
Gene Chizik (his title was a bought fluke)

You can go to a place like Miss State or Vanderbilt (Mullen and James Franklin) and get your feet wet and THEN take the big name SEC job. But you don't START at the top of the mountain without experience.

I'm just telling you - learn from what you're watching and how it will affect us.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I don't dislike Boom, although I think he gets out of hand sometimes. He just got in over his head. He'll probably find a niche as a DC somewhere, or go to the NFL as mentioned earlier. I don't think he goes to Lee County, though. I'm guessing he leaves the SEC. JMO.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Do you seriously think Muschamp takes orders from Gus? I dont.
You know Pop, I thought that Kiffin and Saban would go together like oil and water. I couldn't see a mesh between the two given Lane's history of missteps and gaffs and CNS's attention to detail approach. I was flat wrong on that.

Never know...losing a HC positioning can be rather humbling and can make you re-evaluate your approach.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He's a fantastic DC that's not ready for a HC position. If he chooses to become a DC again he will make some teams fans very happy.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Fox 13 Tampa said it at 7 am this morning. Not surprised. I don't think he stays in the SEC, look for the NFL to be next step, Dooley doing ok with Cowboys as Recievers Coach.

Look for Florida to go after a coach like. Meyer out of a school like bowling green/ Utah say Tater Tot??? Ha ha.
I say Marshall's coach.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

i say marshall's coach.
WE ARE . FLORIDA!

Anyone think Nick may be talking to Will? Wonder if Kirby is getting feelers from some schools? If Kirby got a job elsewhere, how would everyone feel about CWM and the death stare in TTown

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Don't know if Muschamp resurfaces at auburn, but even Gus can figure out that Ellis Johnson needs to look for employment elsewhere. This is going to be a big hire for UF they cannot afford to get it wrong again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.