Muschamp ... "resigns"

tidegrandpa

All-American
Re: Florida fires Will Muschamp

Wow....didn't wait for season to end

[/URL]
https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/status/534014802423996417
Florida has fired head football coach Will Muschamp, reports Sports Illustrated's Andy Staples. Hired in 2011, Muschamp is 27-20 at Florida, including a 4-8 record in 2013. The Gators are coming off a loss to South Carolina on Saturday.

[/URL]
I gotta say I was surprised until I realized he had been there 4 years. CNS had 2 undefeated (regular)seasons and 1 BCS championship after 3.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Muschamp Fired

The barn would be stupid to not offer him good money to be their DC. Can't get any worse for them.

I agree with others you could tell this was coming by looking at Muschamp's face after the game yesterday and by Spurrier's reaction. I also think Foley told Muschamp he must win out or he was gone hence the reaction. I imagine this will help us in recruiting with a player or two as well.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Auburn.. Muschamp has been to Auburn twice and he left after one year each time... No way he goes back to Auburn... the feeling out there is that he doesn't get along with Jacob...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Bob Stoops could be on the table, I dunno. I do know that he made it clear he wasn't married to OU when Bama was looking for a new HC...
Do you really think Big Mouth Bass, I mean Bob, would want an entire schedule of SEC teams? He has it too easy, where he is, to jump into the SEC shark tank.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I would not be supprised if lane kiffin gets interviewed for the gator job.
Woudn't be surprised but I doubt he's on the A list ... no real knock on him but UF will be looking for an experienced HC that will have immediate impact.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I think he will take a year off and enjoy his money. He's getting 7.5 million to go away. He's set for life. Take a year and evaluate them wait for a good opportunity.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Agree with the suggestion of Butch Jones. I really like what he's doing at UT.
That would be a disastrous hire as Butch Jones has objectively accomplished very little at UT. I think that UF would look for a more proven coach.

Remember, it's almost always a bad thing when your rivals like your coach. Saban would be the most popular coach in the SEC if he had the same level of impact as Jones has had at UT.

Last edited:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

I hope all of you who are advocating the hiring of Kirby Smart as Coach Saban's replacement are watching VERY closely.

The SEC does NOT allow you to get "on the job training" when you've never been a head coach anywhere at the collegiate level. Mark Richt is an exception. Go look at all the disasters in the SEC lately:

Mike DuBose
Mike Shula
Ron Zook
Sylvester Croom
Will Muschamp
Lane Kiffin
Ed Orgeron
Gene Chizik (his title was a bought fluke)

You can go to a place like Miss State or Vanderbilt (Mullen and James Franklin) and get your feet wet and THEN take the big name SEC job. But you don't START at the top of the mountain without experience.

I'm just telling you - learn from what you're watching and how it will affect us.
Jim McElwain however...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.