Is this the highest contributing freshmen class ever at Bama?

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
I don't know, 2008, still seems up there for me; Ingram Hightower, and Julio standing out as freshmen as starters or co-starters; Barron being a huge contributor on special teams. Smelley contributed, Dareus played in 8 games, and was used in 3rd and long situations replacing Cody (who was also from that recruiting class but a JUCO); Upshaw played in every game;

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't know, 2008, still seems up there for me
In terms of immediate impact true freshmen, I don't think you can beat 2008. But, there was a mix of veterans from the Shula years and guys Saban brought in, so the team itself wasn't that inexperienced.

This year, the team overall is very young and inexperienced. Take Blake Sims for instance, he's a 5th year senior, but a first time starter. He is inexperienced even if he's been there a while, AG is another key first time starter. So, when you take those type of guys, and then you mix in the freshman you do have a lot of youth and inexperience on the field.

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
Just thinking about most of our best players leave after 3 years. Seems like as long as this continues we will always be on the young side. Bama and LSU are the only 2 teams in the nation that has a lot of Jrs. and RS Soph. leaving early for the NFL draft seemingly ever year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.