So Blake Sims came to my church today

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

We're doing a series called "The Gospel According to Football", and I can't think of a better local example to bring in today to help illustrate it.

I (obviously) live in Tuscaloosa and I can tell you for certain that Blake has been one of the most visible ambassadors for Alabama football within the Tuscaloosa City Schools that I can ever remember since I got here in 2000. He has come (uninvited) to random high school and middle school games, talked to kids, signed autographs, taken pictures, etc... He is really embracing and soaking up all that comes with being the QB at the Capstone. Hard, if not impossible, to root against this guy

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I wish he had one more year of eligibilty with us.
This ... up to this point, he's probably had the best one-year starting season than any other Bama player. Would be interesting to see what he could accomplish here in a second starting season.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
We are really going to miss Blake when he's gone. I feel bad we didn't realize how good a person/player he was until his last year. He's a great ambassador for the university.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Love the guy, and hope that if the NFL doesn't hold anything for him, he can work on the team in some capacity. We'd do well to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
God always has a plan and he put Blake right where he (and we) needed him at this point in his life. Sounds like the things he's doing off the field are even more impressive than what he's doing on the field.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That is pretty neat!

I know that AJ and Greg won us championships....and maybe Sims will this year.

But Sims is by far my favorite QB from the Saban era. He has the best character and is a role model for all kids. I am so proud of him.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I was not sold on him at first, boy was I wrong, Blake Sims is what being QB at Alabama is all about. Maybe he will be a Grad Asst & help teach the young ones coming up.

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
Please nobody take this the wrong way but I told a co-worker a few weeks back that if every player had the heart and passion that Blake has nobody could touch us.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Simply awesome. He'll be a tremendous success, what ever field he chooses.
I'm very glad to have defended him in the preseason when others didn't think he had a chance to amount to anything as a Quarterback.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.