What I really hate about Gary Danielson

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Re: Why I really hate about Gary Danielson

Agreed. If you look around the SEC boards, EVERY team says the same thing about Danielson. He hates everybody's team the most according to them, and he loves anybody they are playing. Barners swear he loves us, and a lot of our swears he hates us. That usually means he calling it like he sees it.

Now I do agree that he can beat a point to death at times, but overall he is OK. I prefer Verne and Gary over anybody except maybe Blackledge and Nessler.
I agree. She just calls it he sees it but he is just very wordy.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

He doesn't know more about football than everyone on this message board. You can say a lot about Danielson's analysis, but you can't say that.
Engineer, no disrespect intended, but that's my opinion after watching the guy predict what is about to happen for 8 years now.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

He is just so negative about everything.
I'm sure his kids are glad when he's on the road so they don't have to deal with his criticism of their neatness on their homework or why they didn't make an "A" or better yet a 100, plus the bonus points on tests. Why aren't their clothes organized by day and their play clothes in the proper drawer and why their socks aren't tucked just so and appropriately organized from church, school and play socks, and ordered in color from dark to white. His wife is thankful when he's on the road because good lord, the roast beef was just slightly overcooked or the carrots weren't in the pot with the roast long enough to absorb the juices and get to just the right tenderness.

Welcome to the Danielson household. Make sure your boots are put in the closet oldest to youngest and your coats are hung up in the foyer closet and backpacks are hung on the hall tree after all homework is done. ;)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Agreed. If you look around the SEC boards, EVERY team says the same thing about Danielson. He hates everybody's team the most according to them, and he loves anybody they are playing. Barners swear he loves us, and a lot of our swears he hates us. That usually means he calling it like he sees it.

Now I do agree that he can beat a point to death at times, but overall he is OK. I prefer Verne and Gary over anybody except maybe Blackledge and Nessler.
Have to agree completely with this. And the Blackledge and Nessler part ... when do they get to start calling SEC games on a permanent basis? ;)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I'm sure his kids are glad when he's on the road so they don't have to deal with his criticism of their neatness on their homework or why they didn't make an "A" or better yet a 100, plus the bonus points on tests. Why aren't their clothes organized by day and their play clothes in the proper drawer and why their socks aren't tucked just so and appropriately organized from church, school and play socks, and ordered in color from dark to white. His wife is thankful when he's on the road because good lord, the roast beef was just slightly overcooked or the carrots weren't in the pot with the roast long enough to absorb the juices and get to just the right tenderness.

Welcome to the Danielson household. Make sure your boots are put in the closet oldest to youngest and your coats are hung up in the foyer closet and backpacks are hung on the hall tree after all homework is done. ;)
Ehh... nothing he does/says should indicate he is like this as you describe. I think this is too much.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Yesterday he just kept repeating himself....I.e. State's hanging around like all 3rd quarter.... Drove me nuts

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008

I understand your point. He knew far more football then me. That's why when he is a hater he can be very creative and sounds "right".

My point is he dislike Alabama football and tried to use his expertise to distract the audiences and ultimately scouts/players and coaches. That's I'd like to pay attention and that's what I don't like.

Sorry. He knows more football than you, me and this entire board will ever know. He lavished praise on Blake. He calls Cooper the best player in the college game. He said time after time " "you can't do it any better" after watching Cyrus and Eddie play press cover.

He doesn't hate Alabama. Nor does he fawn over us. Sometimes he is wrong -- it's live TV for crying out loud. But he's right so often that the game seems rigged.

This "they're all out to get us" stuff is exhausting. We're on TV every time you turn on the set. We are the bell cow of college football. People are paid to watch us and express their opinions. That 's how the world works.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

If you ever had to endure Aria Parcegian or Frank Broyles then Gary is a delight, up until this year I did not care for Gary but to me this year he has been fair.

Im shock tht nothing has been said about the terrible officials instead of the announcers.

I think he really respects CNS & likes mashing your button.

Blackledge & Nessler are the Best, 2 nd is Andre Ware & his partner but to a guy that only got to see 3 Bama games in 2 years growing up I can put up with Cheese Stick to see them play.

Every game will be on TV this year....think about that & CBS can't do the IB because they already had Bama on 5 times, the max allowed...

They must hate us.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

I understand your point. He knew far more football then me. That's why when he is a hater he can be very creative and sounds "right".

My point is he dislike Alabama football and tried to use his expertise to distract the audiences and ultimately scouts/players and coaches. That's I'd like to pay attention and that's what I don't like.
Not sure what to say.

Roll Tide, friend. We just don't see this the same way.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I think we are on CBS so much we hear him say the same stuff every week. I would rather be on big time tv than on the lower level channels like UT any day. I do like some of the things he brings to the table. He seems to know what we or the other team will do right before it is done.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

I totally agree. Its very simple if you have a dvr and internet connection to synch the radio broadcast with the tv broadcast. His pontifications about the game remind me of the way he played as starting QB of the Detroit Lions.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX

There is a behavior psychological phenomena that for every 1 negative comment it takes 30 positive comments to for a person to forget the 1 negative. Danielson is an analyst. It's his job to point out the good and bad. Guess what? It's not a 30 to 1 ratio so some of you think he is biased. He isn't. He may not always be right, but he is fair. I heard several comments praising Blake yesterday.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

In the LSU game and the MSU game, he plotted two charts and claiming Sims does not have the deep ball throwing ability.

What's so wrong about these charts? Big Ben once said: Even every QB in NFL can drop a 50 yard bomb easily; QBs are not trained to throw that often. They've been trained to throw 5-10 yard one time and move the ball gradually and successfully. No QB can throw 20 yards or more consistently. If you plot manning’s chart in super bowl that would be miserable. Actually plot any QB’s chart it will be high dose of 5-10’s and occasionally 20’s. That chart is quite misleading.
I think he's too high from the fluke offenses of Baylor, TCU, and the likes. Throwing 60,70, and 80 yard TDs the whole game, making final scores look like video games. You're not going to get that in the SEC.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

I think we have different sensitivities to criticism. Gary's critique of Alabama can be taken as good analysis or hate depending on how an individual wants to take it. Elite teams have struggles that will be pointed out on national television. I definitely prefer Eli Gold, but other perspectives are not always bad.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

I like him, and yet I agree he can be annoying at times. He sounds like a Bama homer compared to the others to me, and it may be because he is objective about Bama, whereas some of the others are pulling for Bama to lose. How would you like it if Kanell did a Bama game. Now that would be something.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I never have understood all the hate for Verne and Gary. I think they both do an outstanding job, especially Gary. I don't think people understand when they are watching a CBS broadcast they are not watching a Tide Sports Network broadcast. It is V&G's job to be neutral and call the game in such a way to not only appeal to fans of both schools but to all viewers. Actually I think they are more pro-Bama than most realize. They aren't perfect and I do think Nessler-Blackledge is better but Verne-Gary are a close second in my book. I mentioned this on another forum and I think this is an appropriate place to mention this here but we are very, very spoiled these days. I'm not that old but I do remember the 1979 LSU game having to continually dial the radio to pull in the weak AM signal to hear the game. The signal kept coming and going. I did hear most of the game but also missed quite a bit. Now every game is on HDTV and we complain because the announcers did their job and pointed out a flaw in our team. Be thankful that every game is on tv regardless of the announcers. If you want to complain about a bad announcer that had nothing good to say about us, anyone remember Todd Christiansen in the Fiesta Bowl after the 1990 season? Danielson is Eli, Phil Savage, John Forney, and Doug Layton rolled into one compared to Christiansen......

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Maybe he's not so bad after all!:biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.