What I really hate about Gary Danielson

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: Why I really hate about Gary Danielson

And take care of business by making sure there is a third game for Gary Danielson to Analyze That!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Danielson is very knowledgeable when it comes to football, but he really can beat a dead horse sometimes concerning a play or penalty.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

Look at who we get Saturday. Mussenberger seems to have fallen off ABC's a list. And we get the charming Jessie(Danny Kannell Jr) Palmer as color. Ill be listening to Eli again.

Western Carolina at Alabama (4 p.m. on SEC Network)

Play-by-play: Brent Musberger
Color commentator: Jesse Palmer
Sideline reporter: Maria Taylor

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Look at who we get Saturday. Mussenberger seems to have fallen off ABC's a list. And we get the charming Jessie(Danny Kannell Jr) Palmer as color. Ill be listening to Eli again.

Western Carolina at Alabama (4 p.m. on SEC Network)

Play-by-play: Brent Musberger
Color commentator: Jesse Palmer
Sideline reporter: Maria Taylor
SuWEET!

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

IMO Gary is one of the best college football color analysts of all time. His knowledge and ability to read what teams are trying to do is second to none. As for Verne, I think he is also one of the best ever and really a legend in his field. Sure they aren't perfect, but as good a combo ever.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I like Danielson a lot. He calls it like he sees it, and since Bama isn't perfect, he sometimes points that out, which is his job. He has an awful lot more positive to say about Bama than negative. I think he's fair and usually, right in the vast majority of his comments and analysis.

Everyone has their own opinion, which is fine, of course.
I too like Danielson's insights and if anything find him to give Bama more than it's due respect. Now I could live without Verne's contributions--mostly harmless but equally useless.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I'm sure his kids are glad when he's on the road so they don't have to deal with his criticism of their neatness on their homework or why they didn't make an "A" or better yet a 100, plus the bonus points on tests. Why aren't their clothes organized by day and their play clothes in the proper drawer and why their socks aren't tucked just so and appropriately organized from church, school and play socks, and ordered in color from dark to white. His wife is thankful when he's on the road because good lord, the roast beef was just slightly overcooked or the carrots weren't in the pot with the roast long enough to absorb the juices and get to just the right tenderness.

Welcome to the Danielson household. Make sure your boots are put in the closet oldest to youngest and your coats are hung up in the foyer closet and backpacks are hung on the hall tree after all homework is done. ;)
Wish he'd hit my place--could use a little organizing!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

IMO Gary is one of the best college football color analysts of all time. His knowledge and ability to read what teams are trying to do is second to none. As for Verne, I think he is also one of the best ever and really a legend in his field. Sure they aren't perfect, but as good a combo ever.
I'm not sure about best ever, but they're darn good. Verne's definitely one of the best, and Danielson's not far behind.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD

I'm surprised there aren't more responses to this thread, but I've never really understood the hate for Verne and Gary, other than some of us were spoiled by Keith Jackson. Verne is terrible with names, and while I like the way Gary voices his opinion during the game (usually very insightful), he does tend to get up on his soapbox a bit much.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia

I'm surprised there aren't more responses to this thread, but I've never really understood the hate for Verne and Gary, other than some of us were spoiled by Keith Jackson. Verne is terrible with names, and while I like the way Gary voices his opinion during the game (usually very insightful), he does tend to get up on his soapbox a bit much.
We were all spoiled by Keith Jackson. He set the sports broadcasting bar very high indeed. Who can look at a hoe handle without thinking of Mr. Jackson?

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

I've never had a problem with Danielson. He's very knowledgeable and he knows the game. I have to be honest, overall he is very complementary of Alabama. There is no doubt he likes Alabama and has tremendous respect for CNS. You can't expect to agree with everything he says.

Since CNS has been at Alabama Danielson has shown us a lot of love. My Barn friends can't stand him because they say he's a Bama homer.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

We were all spoiled by Keith Jackson. He set the sports broadcasting bar very high indeed. Who can look at a hoe handle without thinking of Mr. Jackson?
Whoa Nelly! I really miss Keith Jackson and Frank Broyles. They were the best.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

Chris Schenkel
Curt Gowdy
Keith Jackson without Ara Best with Bob Grease
bud Wilkerson

These were my favorites, Blackledge, Herbstreit & Andre Ware are really close.

Hey we would only get 3 Games every 2 YEARS!!!

so I can tolerate Gary repeating what could have should have happened like the missed INT by A & M in the first Qtr he brought it up again in the third when we were up 52-0 now that's jut plain stupid, but I will take an afternoon game on CBS anytime, they start on time on the right channel ESPN can not break away from a ow patty throwing contest to show our games start tune to ESPN news.

Yes I can tolerate Gary, Verne is just drunk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.