Mississippi State v. Alabama (As called by Eli Gold)

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
This is the complete first half of the game with Eli Gold calling it. I will have the 2nd half up tomorrow. Enjoy!

RTR!

It's still processing, so the quality will increase a bit.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
UGH! Finally got the 2nd half edited down. It's rendering now, should be posted to youtube by midnight. It has been a blast! I'm going to just record the audio of the game for this week's homecoming and post it to my soundcloud page. Then get geared up for another video with Eli, for the Iron Bowl. I'm happy to have gotten such positive feedback for what I have done. Take care all. Look for the 2nd half in the morning. RTR!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Had to delete it. Bad output on the render. Audio is mismatched. I will get it sorted out, and reuploaded tomorrow. Sorry folks.

Last edited:

CrimsonDollar

1st Team
Apr 9, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Hooks, this is incredible. Thank you for your hard work.

Any suggestions for listening and synching Eli's broadcast with the video from whatever network broadcasts it? (Live)

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
This is wonderful!

I've never listened to the TV "announcers", and in recent years it's gotten more annoying because ESPN is often 15+ seconds delayed, so I know what happens from Eli's calls before the TV even shows anything. CBS is delayed but is better than ESPN. Anyway, though, despite that, I still listen to the radio broadcast each week, because there's nothing like a good old fashioned, TRUE announcer, and Eli Gold & the crew still knows how to do it.

I've recorded a lot of the broadcasts over the years but since I've never had DVR or anything like that, it's really hard to sync it up to the game. (Since people who upload it to YouTube cut out the commercials, and that really screws up just syncing the full radio broadcast easily)
I managed to do it for the 2012 BCSCG but it was painstaking work and some parts weren't very well done...

But now you're doing it! I hope you can keep it up with every game we play! And even if not, just doing it these few times is so nice of you, so thank you for taking the time and effort to make it happen!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Hooks, this is incredible. Thank you for your hard work.

Any suggestions for listening and synching Eli's broadcast with the video from whatever network broadcasts it? (Live)
Thanks a million! I will say that it is next to impossible to get it synced as pausing the radio isn't possible. I have tried to listen to the broadcast over the internet which happens to be just behind TVs delay and then just pausing the TV and getting it synced that way, but it's more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

Janet Jackson ruined everything with her halftime debacle, which is why live TV is delayed at least 5 seconds.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
This is wonderful!

I've never listened to the TV "announcers", and in recent years it's gotten more annoying because ESPN is often 15+ seconds delayed, so I know what happens from Eli's calls before the TV even shows anything. CBS is delayed but is better than ESPN. Anyway, though, despite that, I still listen to the radio broadcast each week, because there's nothing like a good old fashioned, TRUE announcer, and Eli Gold & the crew still knows how to do it.

I've recorded a lot of the broadcasts over the years but since I've never had DVR or anything like that, it's really hard to sync it up to the game. (Since people who upload it to YouTube cut out the commercials, and that really screws up just syncing the full radio broadcast easily)
I managed to do it for the 2012 BCSCG but it was painstaking work and some parts weren't very well done...

But now you're doing it! I hope you can keep it up with every game we play! And even if not, just doing it these few times is so nice of you, so thank you for taking the time and effort to make it happen!
Thanks so much Captain! I've really enjoyed doing it these last two games. I didn't do all of the LSU game, but got some great feedback on the highlights I did. Check out my other posts if you missed it from last week.

I wish I had thought to do this from the start of the season. I plan on just recording the radio for the WC game this weekend, and doing a full production like this for the Iron Bowl.

Check out my other radio recordings here: https://soundcloud.com/adam-hooks/tracks
And here is my LSU video:

Again thanks for the kind words everyone!

CrimsonDollar

1st Team
Apr 9, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Thanks a million! I will say that it is next to impossible to get it synced as pausing the radio isn't possible. I have tried to listen to the broadcast over the internet which happens to be just behind TVs delay and then just pausing the TV and getting it synced that way, but it's more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

Janet Jackson ruined everything with her halftime debacle, which is why live TV is delayed at least 5 seconds.
After posing this question yesterday, my interest piqued and I started scouring the internet looking for anything that could delay output from a headphone jack on a radio and push it back out to a stereo (or any speaker system).

I found a neat app for iPhone that does just that. The app is free, but there is a cable that they manufacture that you have to buy in order to use it.

It's called RadioInSync and allows you to adjust the delay (in seconds) of an audio source. Pretty neat.

There were also some options available for PC that would allow better fine-tuning of the delay.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
After posing this question yesterday, my interest piqued and I started scouring the internet looking for anything that could delay output from a headphone jack on a radio and push it back out to a stereo (or any speaker system).

I found a neat app for iPhone that does just that. The app is free, but there is a cable that they manufacture that you have to buy in order to use it.

It's called RadioInSync and allows you to adjust the delay (in seconds) of an audio source. Pretty neat.

There were also some options available for PC that would allow better fine-tuning of the delay.

Awesome! I'll check it out

tidegrandpa

All-American

Out here in Tejas, I have to stream Eli, does it work with streaming ?

CrimsonDollar

1st Team
Apr 9, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Out here in Tejas, I have to stream Eli, does it work with streaming ?
I would assume that it works with any audio source. However, based on what I have read, I would think that you couldn't stream it from your iPhone and still use the app on the same device to create the delay.

Also, the audio source would have to be ahead of the video broadcast. If you have a DVR this could be remedied if it's not though.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Any streamed audio is almost a minute behind TV broadcast. I have actually started the stream and just paused the TV until they are synced up.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.