Link: Eyepopping experience chart from Steele...

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Based on looking at that, my takeaways would be that we have possibly overachieved so far this year, and that the future is very bright. RTR!

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Not surprising LSU and Bama have such a low score, with the repeated early departures to the NFL. I'm surprised to see Ohio St with such a low score....makes you think they'll be a strong contender next year (as if they're not this year!).

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
This is part of what makes College Football such a fascinating sport to watch... each team must reinvent itself every season, and has complete turnover every 4.

That we have accomplished so much with such a young team, and with the additional fact that every game we play is our opponent's biggest, is, as Earle correctly states, eye-popping,

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I didn't see it account for "Juniors" - Bama has a few of them that are starters that probably won't be back next year. The "4-year turnover" really doesn't apply to teams like LSU and Bama (and maybe a few others), as the junior studs all leave (or most of them) after 3 years. What is does indicate, at least to me, is that teams like the Barn and MSU, for various reasons, have more players staying for 4 years. Maybe I'm not reading it right....

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Was surprised to see Missouri at # 122. Sounds like their coach is doing a good job also. Tennessee at 122 is no surprise they should be much better next year and have improved greatly this year. Vandy at 124 was no surprise. They will be bad for the next 2 years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama and LSU recruit and develop players so well that this is a pretty common theme for those two schools. Also, those who criticize Miles should keep that in mind. Only Saban has sent more players to the NFL in the last 5 years, but LSU remains a powerhouse.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I didn't see it account for "Juniors" - Bama has a few of them that are starters that probably won't be back next year. The "4-year turnover" really doesn't apply to teams like LSU and Bama (and maybe a few others), as the junior studs all leave (or most of them) after 3 years. What is does indicate, at least to me, is that teams like the Barn and MSU, for various reasons, have more players staying for 4 years. Maybe I'm not reading it right....

Yep. I was telling my family during the game Saturday that we better enjoy Amari, Landon, and TJ for the next few games (maybe some others?). They will be making lots of money this time next year.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
My thinking is that the 4 and 5 star players are reaching their potential earlier (and Bama and LSU are loaded with them), other teams that don't recruit so well are keeping their players for the senior season and those players are progressing to a point that is equal to or greater than the juniors that are leaving early for the NFL. Only when we can make it more attractive for more juniors to stay for their senior seasons, will we be able to overcome the smaller schools abilities to be one hit wonders like Ms. St. this year. Just imagine how awesome Bama would be, year in and year out if all our players stayed for their senior years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Barners are imploding because they know this year was supposed to be a year they could make some NC hay AND they see the writing on the wall for next year with losing so many starters.

Three teams to watch are Bama, LSU and UT...with UT having the most room for improvement.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Biggest takeaway? This was Miss State's year and we knocked them off the tracks...
They are not done yet. That is a very good team, and they are the best one loss team not named Alabama in the country. I can see them making the playoff. In fact, I kinda hope that they stumble against Ole Miss because I think that they are second only to Alabama this year and I would not want Alabama to have to face them again.

They are not done yet. That is a very good team, and they are the best one loss team not named Alabama in the country. I can see them making the playoff. In fact, I kinda hope that they stumble against Ole Miss because I think that they are second only to Alabama this year and I would not want Alabama to have to face them again.
Agreed up to facing Bama again. In a championship game, I just don't see them beating Bama. Bama seems to get better in the second season when it comes to playing in the championship. I would think we'd beat them even worse than we did Saturday.

By the way, OSU should make the final four.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.