Western Carolina Media Appearances and Practice Reports

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban presser time:

Saban: We played hard in the game, but we didn't finish in the game like we'd like.
Saban: "It was a great win for our team. We made plays when we needed to and showed our competitiveness."
Saban: The question becomes "Do you want to take advantage of the opportunity you've created for yourself or just win the next game?"
Saban: In your world, all you care about is the result, in our world we care about what we have to get fixed
Saban: T.J. Yeldon, D. White and Adam Griffith will be day-to-day. Not new injuries, but evaluate/rest.
Saban: "Homecoming is one of the great traditions we have at the University of Alabama."
Saban: Western Carolina is a "much, much improved team." Said they have a "nice little quarterback."
Saban dropping "energy vampire" term again. Reiterating that this Alabama team doesn't have those.
Saban: If you have 5 energy vampires on your team, you don't have energy to enjoy the other 95 guys. Don't have those this year
Saban gets a question about stadium playlist: "If it's helping us win, I'm all for it. I never put that down in my notes."
Saban asked about the 3rd down music/music in Bryant-Denny Stadium: "That is off the wall."
Saban: "ArDarius Stewart can make great plays for us and be a great compliment for this team."
Saban on Altee Tenpenny: "He was late for the meeting, and I told him to pick his stuff up and we'd talk to him later."
Saban: Altee Tenpenny was late for a meeting. "Not important enough to be at the meeting, not important for me to dress him in the game."
Saban: "Nick Perry has improved in confidence and that's helped his performance."
Saban: "Blake Sims style of athleticism can be beneficial to us. He uses good judgement, but he needs to go through progressions too."
Saban: "Blake makes the right choice 99% of the time. He knows the most important thing is too get the first down."
Saban: "Tyren Jones is a very instinctive runner. There will be more opportunity for him."
Saban on Tyren Jones: We need for some1 to be able 2 help us at RB because of injuries we have. Said there'll be opportunities going forward
Saban on JK Scott: The guy's done a phenomenal job, especially thinking that he's just a freshman.
Saban asked about getting rest at this time of year: "The most important thing to do this time of year is stay focused."
Saban: Focus is like momentum. If you lose focus during the game it's really hard to get back.
Nick Saban's impression face, the face he makes while he's doing an impression of his players, is on point today.
The annual pre-FCS game tradition is underway: Saban fired up about the possibility of Alabama looking ahead to the Iron Bowl.
Saban: If we had the approach that we need to heal up this week, half the players would want to take a week off.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm going to touch on few things... Cyrus Jones should've been on the list for player of the week :) I'm biased :) Blake should be on the list too.

Altee has been in dog house lately.. so I'm not suprised. Jones were getting lot of attention this year. I think He is what we need right now going forward between Yeldon and Henry. I think Jones is a game changer. Stewart is getting lot of opportunities lately, that tells me we'll see something special happening in next few weeks.
And... did saban said " That little quarterback"??!?!

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Saban on Altee Tenpenny: "He was late for the meeting, and I told him to pick his stuff up and we'd talk to him later."
Saban: Altee Tenpenny was late for a meeting. "Not important enough to be at the meeting, not important for me to dress him in the game."
I just don't understand why guys do this kind of stuff. With injuries at RB he could be getting more playing time if he wasn't being a bonehead! If he doesn't get his stuff together he'll be gone like Kamara.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Tenpenny is frittering away a fantastic opportunity. I'd bet Yeldon sits on Saturday, just as a precaution. Maybe one series. Henry gets first half carries and then.... Jones worked his way into the dog house with his "issues" around fall break. Altee might have gotten 20 carries on Saturday. Now, I'm not sure he gets any. C'mon man, what is up? BTW, this is not a knock on Jones. I like him a lot and think he is a nice change of pace for us. Hope to see him this weekend.

Tenpenny is frittering away a fantastic opportunity. I'd bet Yeldon sits on Saturday, just as a precaution. Maybe one series. Henry gets first half carries and then.... Jones worked his way into the dog house with his "issues" around fall break. Altee might have gotten 20 carries on Saturday. Now, I'm not sure he gets any. C'mon man, what is up? BTW, this is not a knock on Jones. I like him a lot and think he is a nice change of pace for us. Hope to see him this weekend.
He'll play one series! Guarantee that.

Wow. This shouldn't be a surprise to any of our players...
You are right!

I'm looking forward to it. We will be there for homecoming. This will be my two daughters' first game. We've taken them to Homecoming but not to a game.
This will be the first season that I'll miss a game since 2008. Sad but family comes first!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Players met with the media after Saban spoke.

A'Shawn Robinson:

Nick Perry:

Brian Vogler:

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Saban presser time:

Saban: T.J. Yeldon, D. White and Adam Griffith will be day-to-day. Not new injuries, but evaluate/rest.

Griffith kicked thru the end of the state game. Can't imagine what injury could cause him to be day to day? However, we do need a HEALTHY Griffith...he is a weapon when healthy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.