Vols Players Suspected of Rape

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: VOls Players Suspected of Rape

Wow. Seeing a lot of this going on the last 2 years. You would think with the stature of these guys it would be easy to find willing ladies. The best thing these athletes can do for themselves is get married or at the least have a steady girlfriend on campus.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Kind of hard for me to follow the logic...the girl who was supposed to have been raped decided to not press charges, and left the state. That seems to suggest she wasn't actually raped, although I guess she could have been, and decided to just let it go.

It's awful when a guy forces himself on a girl and rapes her. It's also awful when a jock chaser gets a little drunk and regrets how far she went and claims rape. Who knows which is which in this deal?

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013

Wow. Seeing a lot of this going on the last 2 years. You would think with the stature of these guys it would be easy to find willing ladies. The best thing these athletes can do for themselves is get married or at the least have a steady girlfriend on campus.
I think that is part of the problem, not used to hearing the word no

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Kind of hard for me to follow the logic...the girl who was supposed to have been raped decided to not press charges, and left the state. That seems to suggest she wasn't actually raped, although I guess she could have been, and decided to just let it go.

It's awful when a guy forces himself on a girl and rapes her. It's also awful when a jock chaser gets a little drunk and regrets how far she went and claims rape. Who knows which is which in this deal?
or she was extremely distraught and did not want to go through the violation that is a rape investigation, especially against a man that is arguably one of the biggest star players in Knoxville so she ran home. Trying to understand logic in a sexual assault victim is a pointless exercise.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Kind of hard for me to follow the logic...the girl who was supposed to have been raped decided to not press charges, and left the state...
The girl who left the state was visiting the other girl who was a student at UT. She went home to Florida where she was from. It's not like she was a student there and just got the heck out of Dodge.

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA

or she was extremely distraught and did not want to go through the violation that is a rape investigation, especially against a man that is arguably one of the biggest star players in Knoxville so she ran home. Trying to understand logic in a sexual assault victim is a pointless exercise.

I agree. With the recent track record of the events, who would feel confident that the violators would be brought to justice? After Jameis Winston, the type of person who would do this type of thing probably feels emboldened, like its easier to get away with.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Also, she is from Florida. After what she has seen happening at FSU, I can't blame her for not wanting to subject herself to the public attacks that come along with this sort of thing.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

Or, and I know this sounds ridiculous, they could avoid doing it with people they just met.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida

The girl who left the state was visiting the other girl who was a student at UT. She went home to Florida where she was from. It's not like she was a student there and just got the heck out of Dodge.
Unfortunately, I know women who have been raped. It messes up your head very badly. You will never be the same. Compulsion to rape can be strongly related to things other than sex. A lot of girls just can't tolerate the idea of what they will need to endure if they choose to press charges. It is bound to be a nightmare even when their assailant is not considered an "important person", so to speak. If it's a football player, especially at a school where football is a big deal, the nightmare is going to be especially horrific and I fully understand why someone would decide not to go through with it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Unfortunately, I know women who have been raped. It messes up your head very badly. You will never be the same. Compulsion to rape can be strongly related to things other than sex. A lot of girls just can't tolerate the idea of what they will need to endure if they choose to press charges. It is bound to be a nightmare even when their assailant is not considered an "important person", so to speak. If it's a football player, especially at a school where football is a big deal, the nightmare is going to be especially horrific and I fully understand why someone would decide not to go through with it.
Statistically we all do, whether you are aware or not

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

First of all, I am NOT saying the results could be the same here...that being said...here in Charlottesville, recently, a man was arrested and charged with the murder of two young ladies a few years apart. He has also recently been charged with sexual assault which happened a few years ago by a victim in Northern Virginia. The thing about it, in years past he was accused of sexual assault in two other cases. In both of those cases the victims declined to press charges...one of which caused this man to lose his football scholarship at Liberty University in Lynchburg in the early 2000's. I pause to think if those two murder victims might be alive today if the earlier victims had decided to press charges to begin with. I'm not saying the victims did anything wrong not to press charges, they have been through enough just being victimized. This is the danger in deciding whether to press charges against sexual predators and face those consequences, or decline and have other people possibly face even greater consequences. Sexual predators should be identified and dealt as soon as that kind of behavior is exhibited. IMO.

I will now return to my self-imposed exile. I just had to comment on this.

Roll Tide!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Yep, and since the call came in at 3am, and the girls went straight to hospital, I'd lean way more toward the angle that something bad happened than a jock chaser having regrets in the morning.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

The other suspect is sophomore db, Michael Williams. There was a search warrant issued of the apartment where the alleged rape occurred. If it happened there should be evidence from the search and the hospital visit.

If it were just Johnson involved I'd be more likely to think it was a set up, but with two women and two suspects involved, I don't know.

I hope it's a farce. If it's not, I hope the Vols have the gumption to make an example of these guys. We'll see.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Unfortunately that happens all too often. Seems there are more and more cases of a willing girl changing her mind after the fact.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

Unfortunately that happens all too often. Seems there are more and more cases of a willing girl changing her mind after the fact.
I'm sure there's every cause and reason under the sun. I've heard from more than one woman that they were having fun until things went too far, and they had no ability to stop the men.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

actually its rather rare, ranging from 1.5% of reported cases to around 8% of cases, still far too high, depending on who you chose to believe. Unfortunately the rare "she lied" like the Duke lacrosse case, tends to sour everyone into thinking that many are lies. This of course causes many women to be reluctant to come forward and the feedback loop continues

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.