Robert Foster

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He doesn't know how to block. He won't practice hard ... just not consistent enough to earn playing times like Sims and others have. He doesn't want to do little things such as blocking, etc.. just want to catch balls only.
Anybody know what his story is? Why he isnt playing? 5 Star bust?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
More like a red shirt freshman playing behind a lot of talent. To label him a bust is ... :eek: ... never mind.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Amari Cooper, White, C Jones, Chris Black, OJ Howard, Cameron Sims. That's why he hasn't played yet. If he sticks around he will get his shot. There are rumblings that he will transfer before start of next season though..

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
He doesn't want to do little things such as blocking, etc...
Yep, that blocking 22 did on Blake's 3rd and long run wasn't important. It was THAT block that got him the extra 3 yards to get the first down. Can't understand some of these kids' thinking...every position, every play is important. Not just catching balls...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep, that blocking 22 did on Blake's 3rd and long run wasn't important. It was THAT block that got him the extra 3 yards to get the first down. Can't understand some of these kids' thinking...every position, every play is important. Not just catching balls...
The "kids` thinking" to which you refer may not be particularly mature, ergo the problem.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i thought it was deandrew that threw that block, but i wasn't paying super close attention and may have missed the second 2

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He's going to probably want to wait until Spring Camp to see where he is on depth chart before deciding to transfer. If I were him, I would wait a year, because he has real good chance of cracking the lineup next year, if he works on his blocking and be consistent in practice.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I was wondering about Chris Black? Is he injured...or just being knocked down the depth chart? I have noticed Stewart out there more.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Foster is a freshman, right? Has he played at all? Is an RS a possibility?
He won't be the first good WR that didn't get much playing time as a freshman; with those in front of him, it's no wonder...unless he was just a blocking fool, which it sounds like he isn't.
He will learn that or he will never play, at least not much. Look at all the top level teams and they all have WR's that block well. It's a necessary component of a balanced championship team. He'll realize that and accept it...or not.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Foster is a freshman, right? Has he played at all? Is an RS a possibility?
He won't be the first good WR that didn't get much playing time as a freshman; with those in front of him, it's no wonder...unless he was just a blocking fool, which it sounds like he isn't.
He will learn that or he will never play, at least not much. Look at all the top level teams and they all have WR's that block well. It's a necessary component of a balanced championship team. He'll realize that and accept it...or not.
He is a redshirt Freshman. He got some playing time; I believe against TAMU.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
And every second of every play! Finish the play!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
More like a red shirt freshman playing behind a lot of talent. To label him a bust is ... :eek: ... never mind.
The "bust" label isn't fitting for Foster just yet, but the concern isn't necessarily unfounded. Players in his same recruiting class, and even some younger kids, are getting playing time before him now, and that's not something any rational observer would overlook.

B

BroadwayJoe777

This thread reminds me about WR Chris Black. Is he still on the team?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.