This had (has) to be MSU's year, and they know it...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thinking it will be the same thing for Ole Siss in time ... but they have a better chance of getting a better recruiting class than MSU this year. They are currently ranked 38 on Rivals but only have 12 verbals. Thinking they be able to pay ... errr make way for a few big name players before February.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He is pretty close to ready. If somebody like Denver or New England nabbed him and let him study under one of those guys for a year or two ...
I really like Dak, think he's a great athlete and a decent guy, but I'm confused as to why people think he can be a QB in the NFL. He just doesn't have the arm, imo - I just can't see it.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
Well - they aren't done yet according to the CFP committee. Even with a road game at Ole Miss, they might have an easier path than us.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
A year or two back, many of us openly wondered if CDM hadn't picked a career-ender of a job when he went to MSU, despite being at least a decent coach. I would think the temptation to leave would be extremely strong.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I knew they had a lot of upperclassmen, but after seeing this I honestly wonder if Mullen doesn't leave, if given the opportunity...

Depth chart from Rivals from earlier this season (seniors in bold):

OFFENSE
QB- Prescott (Junior)
RB- Perkins (Senior)
WR- Morrow (Junior)
WR- Johnson (Senior)
WR- Lewis (Senior)
TE- Johnson (Senior)
OT- Clausell (Senior)
OT- Siddoway (Senior)
OG- Jackson (Senior)
OG- Beckwith (Senior)
C- Day (Senior)

DEFENSE
DE- Brown (Junior)
DE- Autrey (Senior)
DT- Eulls (Senior)
DT- Jones (Senior)
LB- Skinner (Senior)
LB- Wells (Senior)
LB- McKinney (Senior)

CB- Jiles (Sophmore)
CB- Calhoun (Junior)
S- Market (Senior)
S- Whitley (Junior)

They're losing their entire offensive line - ask tennessee how easy that is to overcome...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Next year MSU may well find themselves at the bottom of the SEC West. Ole Miss will continue to beat them in recruiting, Arkansas is getting their act together, LSU has too much talent to drop very far...only A&M may be down with them--but I suspect that benching Hill is the long term solution for the Aggies.

Basically, Mullen will never have a better opportunity to find a better job. If he does not, then he's decided to stay there LOONG term.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Re: This had to be MSU's year, and they know it...

Add Dak to that list of those leaving. I bet he declares for the draft.

MSU will be back to cellar dwelling next year.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I really think Mullen will try the NFLnI don't see him going to FL your roster CA really is shocking to me. I had no idea they were that vested in Sr & Jr's.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Dak will get drafted, but I see him as a tight end in the NFL.

If Tebow couldn't make it at QB, he won't. But he could evolve into a heckuva tight end

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think That's why Miss state was playing with emotions this year.. because of experience on the line. They have depth behind the starting line, but at same time, I wonder how much of a drop off will we see if Dak leaves. Mullen may not want to go to UF, but I have a feeling that he is looking to leave... because he dont want to rebuild the program again. I just don't understand why the need to reshirt all those folks, and all.. a good coach will stockpile players, but at same time give freshmen playing time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I knew they had a lot of upperclassmen, but after seeing this I honestly wonder if Mullen doesn't leave, if given the opportunity...

Depth chart from Rivals from earlier this season (seniors in bold):

OFFENSE
QB- Prescott (Junior)
RB- Perkins (Senior)
WR- Morrow (Junior)
WR- Johnson (Senior)
WR- Lewis (Senior)
TE- Johnson (Senior)
OT- Clausell (Senior)
OT- Siddoway (Senior)
OG- Jackson (Senior)
OG- Beckwith (Senior)
C- Day (Senior)

DEFENSE
DE- Brown (Junior)
DE- Autrey (Senior)
DT- Eulls (Senior)
DT- Jones (Senior)
LB- Skinner (Senior)
LB- Wells (Senior)
LB- McKinney (Senior)

CB- Jiles (Sophmore)
CB- Calhoun (Junior)
S- Market (Senior)
S- Whitley (Junior)

They're losing their entire offensive line - ask tennessee how easy that is to overcome...
Since Perkins didn't play against Bama, I looked at the starting lineup from this weekend...

Offense:
WR- D.Wilson -- Sophomore
WR - Jameon Lewis -- Senior
WR - Robert Johnson -- Senior
LT - Blaine Clausell -- Senior
LG - Justin Malone -- RS Junior
C - Dillon Day -- Senior
RG - Ben Beckwith -- Senior
RT - Justin Senior -- RS Sophomore
TE - Malcolm Johnson -- Senior
RB - Josh Robinson -- RS Junior
QB - Dak Prescott -- RS Junior

Defense:
DE - Ryan Brown -- Junior
DT - P.J. Jones -- Senior
DT - Kaleb Eulls -- Senior
DE - Preston Smith -- Senior
LB - Matthew Wells -- Senior
LB - B.McKinney -- RS Junior
LB - Beniquez Brown -- RS Sophomore
CB - Jamerson Love -- Senior
SS - Jay Hughes -- Senior
FS - Justin Cox -- Senior
CB - Taveze Calhoun -- RS Junior

Only four of the starting 22 against Alabama were in their second or third year of school. The other 18 players are seniors or redshirt juniors. With that much experience, State should be having a good season.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
This was State's year? Last I checked, their only loss was to #1 on the road by 5 points and they are currently ranked #4. If they blow out UM they will have one of the best resume's in the country. If State gets in, anything could happen.

Should State get in and actually win a NC....or even 1 playoff game.....then no way he leaves, IMHO.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Well - they aren't done yet according to the CFP committee. Even with a road game at Ole Miss, they might have an easier path than us.
I agree. They could, with a win over Ole Miss, end up in Atlanta. I believe their chance of reaching Atlanta is much better than Ole Miss, but crazy surprises might shock all of us.
As I mentioned in another post, Mullins is at the top of his game right now and I believe he will jump ship if the right opportunity opens up at an elite school. I don't know what happened between him and Florida when he departed (some hard feelings, I hear), but that aside, I believe Mullins would do very well at UF if given a chance there.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
If they blow out UM they will have one of the best resume's in the country. If State gets in, anything could happen.
Considering that State couldn't blow out Arkansas, Kentucky, or UAB, there is no real reason to think they will go on the road to Oxford, in a big rivalry game, and do it to Ole Miss.

And I know it's still possible under the penumbra of "anything could happen," but for all intents and purposes State is done. Beating Ole Miss, beating Georgia/Mizzou, beating Baylor/TCU/Ohio State, and beating Florida State/Oregon... does anybody really believe this team is good enough to do that? It's been a nice story for them this season with the perennial doormat finally reaching the top, albeit briefly, but I don't think any rational observer really expects them to make a serious run at winning it all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.