November 18 (week 4) CFP poll released

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I like this. As the new number 1, the target is on your backs again. It's on FSU's too, being the defending national champion. While Oregon stays at 2, not moving up in a bye week and flying under the radar. Still with something left to prove to shut the critics up. Less chance for ego stoking and complacency to set in. Also, hopefully tOSU is left out of the playoffs.​
How is Oregon flying under the Radar? It doesn't matter where you're ranked you just want to be in the top 4

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Week 4 CFP poll released

I've heard this one before. The only response I have is that both their offense and their defense was good enough for them to go undefeated the entire season. So it couldn't have been all that bad.
They were the #64 defense in the nation and allowed 25 points per game. They held your amazing offense to 17 points. Let me repeat - you didn't even score their average allowed points per game.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I've heard this one before. The only response I have is that both their offense and their defense was good enough for them to go undefeated the entire season. So it couldn't have been all that bad.
Go look at the stats for that year - do those only have meaning for you when they are in your favor? Auburn had a pitiful defense for half of the season, a so-so defense for 3 games and a decent defense at the end of the year. Yeah, on the season, they were that bad - behind at least 3 other teams in the SEC, IIRC. They had Scam and he was enough - without him they would've been worse than this year's version.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Go look at the stats for that year - do those only have meaning for you when they are in your favor? Auburn had a pitiful defense for half of the season, a so-so defense for 3 games and a decent defense at the end of the year. Yeah, on the season, they were that bad - behind at least 3 other teams in the SEC, IIRC. They had Scam and he was enough - without him they would've been worse than this year's version.
Auburn was #8 in the SEC for yards per game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

The two Mississippi teams were overrated. It was proven on the field. Oregon could beat either one. Oregon was also the only team who gave the SEC their best shot in the NCG. Oregon is hungrier with more to prove. I hope the kind of arrogance and complacency in this post is shared by the players and the staff if our teams do meet up on the field.
Our arrogance is exceeded only by the number of our National Championships.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

The two Mississippi teams were overrated. It was proven on the field. Oregon could beat either one. Oregon was also the only team who gave the SEC their best shot in the NCG. Oregon is hungrier with more to prove. I hope the kind of arrogance and complacency in this post is shared by the players and the staff if our teams do meet up on the field.
Sounds hypothetical

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
All this is still too early anyway. MSU could possibly stumble at VH against the only defense as good as Bama's - don't rule it out. Also, Bama's spot could change if they squeeze by the barn or win the SECCG in a nail-biter. You know Oregon is gonna try and run up the score, that's what they do. FSU could lose to the lizards. Still too much football to be played.

IF Bama runs the table, my personal preference would be for them to play Oregon first and FSU second. Silence the haters again (I know, it's only temporary - they are like a cold, they come back every year). But whoever Bama does play, the end result will be the same.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

We have yet to see the weight of a conference championship.
This. Until the season is over we simply won't know how the committee weighs conference championships. We could see some "strange" movements of conference champions in the rankings as compared to movements we see during interim weekly rankings.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Forced Sex University says hi. This may be the dumbest comment you've made all night. And, that's saying something.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

How was MSU overrated? Because we beat them?
They looked overrated because of their failure to perform at a high level when they faced their first real stern test. Dropped passes everywhere. Their QB played mediocre. They were deer in the headlights the whole game. There was never the sense - not even for a second - that they really could win that game. They simply didn't play like the #1 team and the result is now they are in a more realistic place in the standings.

B

BroadwayJoe777

I'm going to ask you this question one more time. Why are you an Oregon fan posting on an Alabama board? Are there no Duck boards for you to blow off these fantasies of yours? Arizona had no problem with you. Stanford, which we like to call Bama Lite, beat your bunch 2 years in a row. I mean, where are you coming off that the Mississippi schools would lose to you? How do you possibly see that? Oh, I know, it's called F A N T A S Y. Now, just find another place to quack.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

They looked overrated because of their failure to perform at a high level when they faced their first real stern test. Dropped passes everywhere. Their QB played mediocre. They were deer in the headlights the whole game. There was never the sense - not even for a second - that they really could win that game. They simply didn't play like the #1 team and the result is now they are in a more realistic place in the standings.
*eye roll*

Everyone we beat is overrated, LMAO. Where have I heard that before?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I like this. As the new number 1, the target is on your backs again. It's on FSU's too, being the defending national champion. While Oregon stays at 2, not moving up in a bye week and flying under the radar. Still with something left to prove to shut the critics up. Less chance for ego stoking and complacency to set in. Also, hopefully tOSU is left out of the playoffs.​
Champions are used to that. Bama is EVERBODY'S game of the year. Considering that, it is truly amazing how successful CNS has been and continues to be.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

There's no logic when it comes to this duckling. So don't bother. They have no pedigree, no championships, no class, and no chance.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
What happened FOUR years ago has no bearing on this college football season, whether it be positive or negative. If the Mississippi teams were overrated, what about Arizona? Don't give me the injuries garbage. If you're an elite team you should have the depth to overcome it.

Elite defenses win championships. Fast pace offenses make good message board fodder, but lead to meaningless bowl games.

Last edited:

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I think we are #2 FSU should be #1 They are the undefeated and they are the raining NC. I am glad we are #1 and i guess everyone else can get over it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.