Ranking Alabama QBs from 2000-2014

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
If all of them had played for CNS , Croyle would likely come close to lapping the field . JOMO though :)

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
AJ and Blake at the top. Then start with Greg and work backwards chronologically.
Greg won an SEC and BCS title and had a ton of clutch moments at QB during his Bama career. I love how Blake has played so far this year, but until he finishes the season in the same fashion, Greg deserves to be ranked higher than Blake. IMO

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Leaving Sims out of the discussion until the season is over. So,...

1) AJ (has the hardware to back it up)
2) McElroy
2) Croyle (don't know anything about his work ethic, but give him the line and skill players that McElroy and AJ had and I bet he's hard to beat)
4) JPW
5) Zow
5) Watts

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I kinda agree with the idea of letting Sims write his full story before making an assessment. He's definitely having the strongest first year campaign thus far. Of course, you're ultimately judged by hardware at the QB position though.

1) McCarron
2) Greg McElroy
3) Brodie Croyle
4) Andrew Zow
5) Tyler Watts
6) John Parker Wilson

If Sims can finish out with at least an SEC championship, I could argue putting him no lower than 4th...possible 3rd.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Greg won an SEC and BCS title and had a ton of clutch moments at QB during his Bama career. I love how Blake has played so far this year, but until he finishes the season in the same fashion, Greg deserves to be ranked higher than Blake. IMO
I can agree with that. I just have a special place in my heart for Blake. He's the kind of player you can't help but root for.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.