Question: If we beat Auburn, will they replace Gus?

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Gussie won't get the boot this year by any means. But, it is safe to say that the honeymoon is OVER. Next season will tell the story of just how good of a head coach he really is. He won with chizik's players last year. This year has been a mix of both his and chizik's players, and the results have been less than stellar. And next year, everybody recruited from the last regime will have cycled out of there. Then, the real story will be revealed. He could bounce back, sure. But, he could go the same way Terry Bowden went. As soon as Bowden ran out of Dye's recruits, the bottom fell out.
And if he beats us again this year then Gus and the AU family are on a 1-way flight to Niagara Falls.

They have played the toughest schedule in the country, had quality wins throughout and their losses, with the exception of the Georgia game, were all close. This has been a very successful year for them whether the fanbase realizes it or not, and Gus will be absolutely deified if his team wins in Bryant-Denny this year.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Can they pay another former coach? How many former coaches are they currently paying?

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
And if he beats us again this year then Gus and the AU family are on a 1-way flight to Niagara Falls.

They have played the toughest schedule in the country, had quality wins throughout and their losses, with the exception of the Georgia game, were all close. This has been a very successful year for them whether the fanbase realizes it or not, and Gus will be absolutely deified if his team wins in Bryant-Denny this year.
Except for the fact that they won't beat us. If NOTHING else, we will wear their defense down by the 4th quarter. They can smack talk and dream all they want, but they aren't winning in two weeks.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
No, they won't. Auburn is on the fast-track to an 8-5 or 9-4 record. And, historically, that is where they have always been. When it was an 11-game regular season, Auburn was a 7-5 club.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Can they pay another former coach? How many former coaches are they currently paying?
I was thinking the same thing...Eugene is still owed a few million dollars through the Spring of 2016.

No way Gus gets fired though. He is the best coach they could have ever dreamed to hire. His style of play depends on the ball bouncing your way...call it luck if you want to...and when he has it he wins. When he doesn't...he loses.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think there is absolutely zero chance of that even being brought up for discussion by Auburn. I think they will seriously look at changing D coordinators but firing Malzahn will absolutely not happen.
Agreed. There is no way they dump him and for anyone to think so is crazy IMHO.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
gus is the best coach the barn can get. ellis J will be fired and they will bring in another def coord. Until the Barn realizes that you need a defense to win they will continue to be a 8-5 to 9-5 team

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Why do we keep having threads about the barn yet people here make fun of them saying they obsess over Bama and are always talking about us. At least keep it game related things and not stuff that won't happen and does not matter till end of the year.
Because to me it's fun making fun of them with my Tidefan buddies!:biggrin:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Because to me it's fun making fun of them with my Tidefan buddies!:biggrin:
I never taunt or jab at my friends or family who are fans of the barn. It is nice to hang out here and enjoy that freedom without offending anyone.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He's not going anywhere. EJ won't be getting a lifetime contract (much to my dismay), he will be the only coach leaving; and he leaves regardless of the outcome of the IB.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
He took them from a joke to the national championship game in one year. During that year he shifted the perception of the program so much so that media were buying into the idea that he was going to surpass Saban if he already hadn't. Yes they have lost some games this year but there is no way on Earth they are getting rid of him after this season, even if they lost Iron Bowl and the bowl game.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
They fired Chizik after the 2012 season. His Championship was at the end of 2010. So, they gave him 2 years, but I still agree... quite a short leash on their coaches. The one that shocks me to this day is Tubberville.
Chizik won for two reasons - Malzahn & Newton. Otherwise, he would have been fired sooner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.