Question: If we beat Auburn, will they replace Gus?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
it's also worth noting that Malzahn's scheme will allow him to win 8-10 games per season based on talent at the skill positions alone

So he will never have a team that goes under .500 due to the fact he knows how to call plays that work against the majority of defenses in America.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
it's also worth noting that Malzahn's scheme will allow him to win 8-10 games per season based on talent at the skill positions alone

So he will never have a team that goes under .500 due to the fact he knows how to call plays that work against the majority of defenses in America.
Like most of the HUNH teams he does not put much emphasis on defense. He will keep the best athletes on offense. He won't be fired but CEJ and other D coaches may be sacrificed to keep the barners happy.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Like most of the HUNH teams he does not put much emphasis on defense. He will keep the best athletes on offense. He won't be fired but CEJ and other D coaches may be sacrificed to keep the barners happy.
...and because of his lack of emphasis on defense he will ever win another SEC or the NC unless he has a miracle season like 2013 or a Cam Newton type. Otherwise defenses have figured him and his offense out.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I never taunt or jab at my friends or family who are fans of the barn. It is nice to hang out here and enjoy that freedom without offending anyone.
Uh, I'm not here to offend anyone. It's all in good fun. And what you do with YOUR friends is your business, but my friends and I playfully jab each other all the time...BTW this IS a Tidefans board, so if there is a Barner on here that is offended with what I say, I'm sorry (sarcastically)....

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
It seems to me that things really went south after Shug left, o loved it when Doug Barfield was there. Dye made them forget Shug. After that really every win had to o with cheating or luck.
Every Major win they had over the last 40 years has been a result of the two. They are to lazy to build a program, they want to win NOW.

Gus won't be fired but he is a fool if he don't jump but quick, this year or he will join a long list of paid not to Coach.

Chiz took "The God Thing" way to far or he would still be there even with that record, but like Ole Pat many of the Barners like a good drink & don't like the preaching. That & he is giving the we are Gods team message at the same time more thugs were there than ever before.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I notice that he's catching a lot of criticism on ITAT, which hadn't been true before - complaints about only running a few plays over and over. Things like that...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I notice that he's catching a lot of criticism on ITAT, which hadn't been true before - complaints about only running a few plays over and over. Things like that...
I thought that was the brilliance of his offense? Make a first down, then run the same basic play in rapid succession.

You mean that's no longer considered a recipe for long-term success in the SEC?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Gus is "All-In" with the way awbern does things down there.

He ain't going anywhere because there are no coaches left out there that are "All-In" with the the way things are down there.........:cool:

Why do you think that when Jay Jacobs said that "money is no object", they came back with a 5-19 coach?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Uh, I'm not here to offend anyone. It's all in good fun. And what you do with YOUR friends is your business, but my friends and I playfully jab each other all the time...BTW this IS a Tidefans board, so if there is a Barner on here that is offended with what I say, I'm sorry (sarcastically)....
Glad you associate with the sane ones but too many I know are fine dishing it out but cannot take it. It's sad really, the little brother label causes them too much jealousy. Montgomery aubs and those who live in Auburn are a different fan type. Of course they claim we are the problem because we refuse to engage but we know it is not worth it. Smiling with a knowing look is enough.

It is funny, family members just don't understand why we won't join their football parties there in Auburn with 15 barn fans to the two of us.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.