Question: If we beat Auburn, will they replace Gus?

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Hey the Barn already has 3 losses, and if we add another to their resume', who out there thinks that they'll consider that a failed season and fire ol' Gus like they got rid of Cheezit? Because, they just can't stand to be left behind by the boys from T-town....I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a coaching search after the end of the season if (when) we beat them. Especially since I think he wants to be NFL bound anyway.;) Whatcha think folks?

Last edited:

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Hey the Barn already has 3 losses, and if we add another to their resume', who out there thinks that they'll consider that a failed season and fire ol' Gus like they got rid of Cheezit? Because, they just can't stand to be left behind by the boys from T-town....I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a coaching search after the end of the season if (when) we beat them.;) Whatcha think folks?
I think there is absolutely zero chance of that even being brought up for discussion by Auburn. I think they will seriously look at changing D coordinators but firing Malzahn will absolutely not happen.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Hey the Barn already has 3 losses, and if we add another to their resume', who out there thinks that they'll consider that a failed season and fire ol' Gus like they got rid of Cheezit? Because, they just can't stand to be left behind by the boys from T-town....I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a coaching search after the end of the season if (when) we beat them.;) Whatcha think folks?
Goodness no. He still excretes gold. If we were to win the next 3 years and they were to drop 4 games in 2016, then yes. But his star is still rising, and if we beat them badly he may be gone, but not because he was forced out. Instead, it's because Florida or Oklahoma (if Stoops leaves for UF/Michigan) gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
The mind of a bugger eater is hard to determine.

One day it's a God thing, the next day, it's We are All In!

My hope is we hang 59-0 on them & see what falls out of sewage back wash.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
The fans may gripe, but Auburn will not fire Gus so fast. However, if someone were to wave enough money in his face, he will probably git while the gittin's good.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
First, it is entirely possible that Gus might have peaked. It took a lot of luck for Auburn to have the success they did last season, and they just don't have as much luck this time around. But, even a loss to Alabama won't put him on the hot seat. However, if Auburn struggles next year? We all know how loyal they are to their head coaches, his job would be in jeopardy.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
If Auburn fires Gus now, they will have a hard time getting any quality coach to replace him for a long time to come. Who would want to go to Auburn if they had absolutely no job security, even if they had a winning record?

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
First, it is entirely possible that Gus might have peaked. It took a lot of luck for Auburn to have the success they did last season, and they just don't have as much luck this time around. But, even a loss to Alabama won't put him on the hot seat. However, if Auburn struggles next year? We all know how loyal they are to their head coaches, his job would be in jeopardy.
Gus record @ Auburn:

2009 8-5
2010 14-0 (w/ Cam and 5 games decided by 3 pts or less including BCS, could have been 8-5)
2011 8-5
2013 12-2 (w/o magic would be 9-4 at best)
2014 8-5 or 9-4 depending on bowl win/loss after Iron bowl beatdown

So has he peaked, yeah I'd say he has.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not this year, nope.

Seriously - they still have fans who honestly believe Gus is a better offensive coach than Saban and Smart are defensive coaches. They literally say that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.