WR Lawrence Cager Commits to Miami

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

6'5, 200 pound WR from Maryland

He made his first visit for a game this weekend. He recaps the visit here.

Lawrence Cager's first trip to Alabama for a game was one to remember.

The 6-foot-5, 200-pound receiver from Towson, Md., spent the whole weekend in Tuscaloosa on an unofficial visit. He spent time with head coach Nick Saban, assistants Lane Kiffin, Billy Napier and Lance Thompson and hung out with quarterback Blake Sims, receiver Amari Cooper and cornerback Cyrus Jones, who is also from Maryland.

Then he watched the Crimson Tide knock off previously unbeaten and No. 1 Mississippi State.

"It was a great visit," Cager said. "Of course, the great game and fans (stood out). I got to see the Walk (of Champions), which was insane, and the game atmosphere was just crazy. Overall, it was just a great visit."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: 2015 WR Lawrence Cager Update

He is a talented kid and OSU is really putting on the full court press. Doubt he swings to Alabama with two 5 star WRs already committed, but you never know.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I have seen his highlight video and he is a big time talent in the Mike Evans mode. We do have good receivers committed but he is the only real tall receiver and I think we may end up with him.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Do we get this kid now that Daylon Charlot has decommitted?
Can't hurt our chances here, of course, but in general they aren't particularly related one way or another because they are two very different types of WR prospects.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

He is a talented kid and OSU is really putting on the full court press. Doubt he swings to Alabama with two 5 star WRs already committed, but you never know.
Make that 1 5 * with Daylon committing to LSU. Cager would have a real shot at having a lot of playing time as the 3 starting WR at Bama are leaving. OSU has some young WR he would have to sit behind for a year or so.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

A rumor going around is that Cager wants to go to Bama but his parents want Miami. However, he will still take his visits after his announcement, so even if he does pick Miami today that is not set in stone. I'm not sure about that one but a more well sourced rumor is that he spoke to Lane Kiffin this morning, and he didn't have a spot at this moment. If he gets a spot, he will likely flip to Bama.

Last edited:

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

His parents made his choice wanted to go to BAMA
I'm now hearing that they made that choice so he would have a spot at a college if Bama couldn't find a spot for him. He spoke with Lane Kiffin this morning who told him that the Bama staff is still working out the numbers in this class and there wasn't room for him to commit just yet. The consensus is that if Bama can find a spot for Cager, he will flip. Cager will still take a visit to Bama in January....so this one will come down to NSD folks.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Lawrence told Andrew Bone tonight he will take an official visit on January 16.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Lawrence told Andrew Bone tonight he will take an official visit on January 16.
Pretty clear that Cager's commitment to Miami was little more than an act to definitely secure a spot. Obviously he likes Miami, but I think he views them as his fallback choice if a couple of his more sought-after options don't pan out.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Pretty clear that Cager's commitment to Miami was little more than an act to definitely secure a spot. Obviously he likes Miami, but I think he views them as his fallback choice if a couple of his more sought-after options don't pan out.
I wonder how often this type of thing happens.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

I wonder how often this type of thing happens.
It happens quite often in recruiting....a lot of kids jump at the first offer they get from a big school, but when the Alabamas, FSUs, Ohio States of the world come calling they flip almost immediately. A lot of recruiting for these kids is a wait and see game and so they have to have a fall back plan in case the school they are waiting to see will have room for them never does.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.