NFL Prospect Jalston Fowler

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Wathcing NFL and announcer saysn that FB's are becoming popular again. Drafted mid rounds and plays 7-10 years in all kinds of roles.
I'd love to see him running, catching passes out of the backfield and blocking for Eddie with my Packers in Green Bay. John Kuhn's in his 30s now and he can't play forever.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I feel that Fowler is a very underrated and under-utilized ball carrier. I honestly think he could be a number two running back in the NFL and a dang good one at that. He doesn't hesitate, he hits the hole hard, breaks through arm tackles with ease, and has decent acceleration even for a running back. His added utility as a lead-blocker should make him even more valuable. But when I watch these NFL teams hand-off to their full-backs...well, Jalston is simply on another level from those guys. As far as talent goes, I think he's closer to a running back than most "fullbacks" you see in the NFL nowadays.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'd love to see him running, catching passes out of the backfield and blocking for Eddie with my Packers in Green Bay. John Kuhn's in his 30s now and he can't play forever.
I like the way you think my Packer brother! Eddie, HaHa and Nudie representing in cheese head heaven.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Fowlers diversity is what gives him value, he's got great hands, can run the ball out of the backfield and play fullback. You say the fullback isn't big in the NFL yet when they get on the goal line they try all sorts of ill qualified people to be a fullback. With Fowler you get an emergency tailback, an H-back, and a fullback all for one salary.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I see Nudie about like Wallace Gilberry. He is a fan favorite in college, will find his way on an NFL roster as an unheralded recruit and end up being steady contributor for some lucky team for a long time.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
He can run, he can catch, and he can block, and he is all about "team". He will get a paycheck some where.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think from what I've read, he could go in 4-5 rounds... but If he keeps playing well, make big time plays down the stretch, he can improve his stock to 3rd round... so meaning he could be drafted in same round with Yeldon.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
As a Packer owner, I approve this message. Plus, at Lambeau (and throughout NFL stadiums for America's Team) a "Nuuuuuuuuudie!" chant would be the perfect fill-in for "Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!"

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
His style of play reminds me of a bigger Ahmad Bradshaw in Indianapolis / James Starks in Green Bay. I think he makes it on a roster somewhere and excels. He is big and can block, run like a HB, and catch the ball out of the backfield.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
From watching several seasons of Hard Knocks, it seems preferable to be an undrafted free agent rather than a late round pick. Free agents can pick the team where they'd fit in best.

You'd think that teams would only draft players that are a good fit for their system, but it rarely seems to be the case with the late round picks.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Fowler's biggest hurdle will be that most teams only keep one FB on roster for minimum money, and he will be see as a FB until he gets to camp. Most teams have them but don't really play them. He fits with what a number of teams want to do though - a guy to come on and block, maybe run hard up the middle every once in a while. Teams like Atlanta, Green Bay, etc are looking for a player who is a good enough blocker to protect for blitzes, but if everyone stays home can get to the flat and catch a pass. Fowler fits that perfectly.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Looking at the last few weeks in NFL, lot of teams may be looking for running back or fullback. YOu think Jalston is going to be picked as FB, RB or TE? Which teams do you think will need him the most? I can see him going to Jacksonville or Raider...
Not the Raiders -- the place where good football players forget how to play! Ask Rolo!

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Fowler's first receiving TD today. Difficult low catch to put the Titans ahead. Cooper great stats again for Raiders
Great stuff to see happening. Fowler was one of my recent favorites. If he hadn't hurt his knee, i think we would have won maybe another NC. When healthy, he was a difference maker, no doubt.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He's been a good addition in Nashville. The organization loves him. I hope we get a pro style coach that will use him effectively. Oh who am I kidding I just want a coach who can at least get us to 8-8, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.