NFL Prospect Jalston Fowler

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Looking at the last few weeks in NFL, lot of teams may be looking for running back or fullback. YOu think Jalston is going to be picked as FB, RB or TE? Which teams do you think will need him the most? I can see him going to Jacksonville or Raider...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Tight end. Big enough to block but really good at catching short balls. I think any team would be lucky to have him, but because of his position he will not go high enough for what he is worth.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's at a niche position, so his prospects are limited but likely to end up on a roster. A good FB who can run the ball, block well, and catch passes are hard to come by.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I doubt he gets drafted. Might could make a practice squad and if he does well there could make an active roster from there..

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I disagree ... I think he will have a good shot at making a roster at FB to be honest. Thinking it may be a similar situation to LaRon McClain minus the recent legal issues. The biggest challenge is less teams are using that position but I think he has a good shot in making one of the teams that do. Dude is very underrated in my opinion.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A few teams are looking for a player just like Fowler and they just aren't out there right now. He will get a shot with someone.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
IMO I don't see Fowler being drafted either,it will be a late round pick if it happens. He is a good college player with a bad wheel and not a lot of playing time. That said it doesn't mean he won't be successful. He dosenr fit the typical nfl tight end template but if he is good enough he will play some where.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think he'll get drafted mid rounds, will play HBack or Fullback and have a nice career.
There's still a demand in the NFL for a fullback who can block, run occasionally, and catch passes out of the backfield.
Plus his value would increase because he can also fill in at tailback.
Jalston's a very good football player. His career's not over by a long shot.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Late rounds. . He really isn't tall enough to be a modern TE. And most teams have done away with the FB position. Teams that use the Hback would be his best opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think late rounds is more realistic unless he has some stunning combine numbers.
Agreed - FBs just don't go early, if at all. IMO, he would be better off as an undrafted FA.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think he'll get drafted mid rounds, will play HBack or Fullback and have a nice career.
There's still a demand in the NFL for a fullback who can block, run occasionally, and catch passes out of the backfield.
Plus his value would increase because he can also fill in at tailback.
Jalston's a very good football player. His career's not over by a long shot.
I agree. Nudie has multiple skills and will get drafted mid to late. The Barner FB last year got drafted and I think Nudie overall is a better FB.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I think a team like San Diego would love to get a player like JF and be very glad they did. Now whether or not they would be willing to draft him is all depending on the demand they feel other teams have for him.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I disagree ... I think he will have a good shot at making a roster at FB to be honest. Thinking it may be a similar situation to LaRon McClain minus the recent legal issues. The biggest challenge is less teams are using that position but I think he has a good shot in making one of the teams that do. Dude is very underrated in my opinion.
I agree completely. I will be very surprised if he isn't in the league for several years. He should be able to set himself up for life if he has any sense.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
TE?? No way... Fb maybe and more than likely late In the draft or picked up after. But he'll get his shot for sure

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.