Opinions on how long Lane Kiffin stay at Bama

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
If I was him, I would stay one more year... maybe two. The recruiting class that's coming in next two years... Kiffin is going to want to "rebuild" his resume showing that he can " coach." I would imagine that Saban will teach him how to handle " office stuff" in off season and spring camp... and let him improve. I don't think Coach will let him go to another major job unless he's ready.
Kiffin may have finally grown up. CNS will really help him be successful running a program because there is no doubt he can coach up kids & I think we will find he is a great recruiter.

The Stuff CNS enjoys the Most, well most coaches don't like. Recruiting, practice, evaluations.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Oh, Lord.... What is it you don't like about the offense... The explosive plays? The tempo which Blake Sims is excelling in? Amari Cooper having too many catches? The use of Stewart in the game? Successful Screen passes? The offense that's exceling on third downs?
Not a fan of his offense, so hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I think a lot of our fan base want us to get back to the ground and pound. Nothing wrong with mixing it up though.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It all depends..if CNS gives more control and recruiting responsibilities tihim, then he could stay 5 years and be the successor. Not that farfetcged.
I was going to leave this one alone until I saw the word successor. Excuse me, but I just puked in my mouth a bit. Please people, watch the games the last few weeks and pay attention before you anoint this idiot as some hero. I'm hoping someone else comes calling soon. Roll Tide, though.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Oh, Lord.... What is it you don't like about the offense... The explosive plays? The tempo which Blake Sims is excelling in? Amari Cooper having too many catches? The use of Stewart in the game? Successful Screen passes? The offense that's exceling on third downs?

How about pass-pass-pass-punt? Zero time off the clock! Third quarters where we run 6 or 7 plays! Wearing out the defense! I'm just guessing, but that is probably what he is talking about. I really think some people would cheer for satan if he coached for us.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I really think the days of "Ground and Pound" are over, but evidently there are those that still hold out hope!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I really think the days of "Ground and Pound" are over, but evidently there are those that still hold out hope!
I don't know anyone who wants your beloved phrase "ground and pound." However, throwing the ball just to throw it, or throwing it when it isn't working over and over is just dumb. I have always wanted to be able to do both, but if we continue keeping our defense on the field for twenty or twenty five minutes in the second half, it will eventually bite us in the butt. I have never hidden the fact that I just don't personally like Kiffin representing my university, but my issue here has nothing to do with that. I will now zip it and just remove myself from this discussion. Roll Tide!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Actually I stole that phrase from RollTide77.

I don't know anyone who wants your beloved phrase "ground and pound." However, throwing the ball just to throw it, or throwing it when it isn't working over and over is just dumb. I have always wanted to be able to do both, but if we continue keeping our defense on the field for twenty or twenty five minutes in the second half, it will eventually bite us in the butt. I have never hidden the fact that I just don't personally like Kiffin representing my university, but my issue here has nothing to do with that. I will now zip it and just remove myself from this discussion. Roll Tide!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I hope he stays for a while. He took a RB and made him a pretty good QB and We are Number 1! What more can you ask for at this point of his "1st" season as OC? 3 yards and a cloud of dust days are over folks!
If I could like your post I would. He has Blake looking like a top QB this year and that is saying something!

B

BroadwayJoe777

I hope he stays for a while. He took a RB and made him a pretty good QB and We are Number 1! What more can you ask for at this point of his "1st" season as OC? 3 yards and a cloud of dust days are over folks!
Great post. I have to admit as you state, he has done wonders with Blake. He should be given his due for that!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It all depends..if CNS gives more control and recruiting responsibilities tihim, then he could stay 5 years and be the successor. Not that farfetcged.
While I agree he has been great as the OC there is NO WAY I would want him leading us. I think if anyone is hired off our staff to be the HC at this point it would have to be Kirby. To me he has the players ear with the way he acts and to me he deserves it more than Kiffin if we were to hire anyone off of our current staff if God forbid something happened. I love having Kiffin here as the OC, but in that capacity only. If he thought being the head coach in Knoxville or L.A. was hard then he hasn't seen anything yet...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
oh if only we could...I mean.. Defense always have the box stacked each time, forcing us to throw, throw, throw... because they don't respect Sim's arm... Oh.. if only if our players hadn't dropped the ball or Sims overthrow/underthrew the ball... the play was there, we just didn't execute it... Oh if only Third quarter issue were due to fatigue of our players on both side of the ball.. Oh if only if we decided to run run run, only to have low scoring games and we could lose the gams... Oh if only all but two teams hadn't played fastball offense, scoring over 30 points.. except against us... ... I guess i'm saying is.. You focusing on the results, not the facts behind the results...
How about pass-pass-pass-punt? Zero time off the clock! Third quarters where we run 6 or 7 plays! Wearing out the defense! I'm just guessing, but that is probably what he is talking about. I really think some people would cheer for satan if he coached for us.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I lament the thought that our running game isn't the same as it's been the last 5+ years. But it's not because we've abandoned the run, only want to pass, etc

We call what we need to call, when we need to call it, based on personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.