Opinions on how long Lane Kiffin stay at Bama

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
Do you think he wants his own gig again, or does he realize he is better equipped as an offensive coordinator
and stay a while? I hope he stays a while;)

timmer0911

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Mobile, AL
I think he'll stay until someone offers him a job. I think after a couple years working under Saban, there will be more and more teams taking a serious look at him. You can't work for the best without learning the right ways to do things.
Now, will he use the knowledge he gains and become a better coach??? Time will tell, but i DO think teams will start taking a look at him!

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Ok I will bite. 2 to 3 years. And he would only get there if all goes well and he conducts himself professionally and Nick continues to say good things about him. I am sure this cold front coming through isn't setting well with his wife and he will be needing to head to a warmer climate by then.

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
My opinion is his ego won't let him take a mid-major or lower tier team. I'm not sure a major college football program would take a "chance" on him. I think his next job will be in the NFL in a couple of years.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
He will be here until a PAC 12 HC job opens up. Cal, Wazzou, Colorado, Oregon State are all struggling and could be looking for a new HC after next season.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It wouldn't surprise me at all that he bails after this year. His stock is higher now than it's been in 10 years......

I could see him as an OC/QB Coach in the NFL .....

B

BroadwayJoe777

If he stays OK, but I am looking forward to the day when he is back in the "booth." It is quite annoying to see him battle TV screen time with CNS on the sidelines.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
My guess is 2-3 years to rehab his image and hopefully get another HC position. If that doesn't work out, NFL OC is a possibility. I don't think the jobs that would take him this year would be a good idea. Florida and Michigan probably wouldn't bite so soon after losing the USCw job, and Mittippi Tate (I think they'll be in the market) would be a little bit of a stretch right now. The jobs that would offer him would be along the Colorado State line (Coach McElwain may get a few offers after the job he's done lately), and I'm not sure that's a good move for CLK.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I hope he stays for a while. He took a RB and made him a pretty good QB and We are Number 1! What more can you ask for at this point of his "1st" season as OC? 3 yards and a cloud of dust days are over folks!

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hope he stays for a while. He took a RB and made him a pretty good QB and We are Number 1! What more can you ask for at this point of his "1st" season as OC?
Isn't that the truth. Some people just can't be happy. Just wait until he takes one of these young guns and molds him for a few years. Could be scary. Blake has come a long way in a relatively short period of time.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If I was him, I would stay one more year... maybe two. The recruiting class that's coming in next two years... Kiffin is going to want to "rebuild" his resume showing that he can " coach." I would imagine that Saban will teach him how to handle " office stuff" in off season and spring camp... and let him improve. I don't think Coach will let him go to another major job unless he's ready.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.