ESPN is going hard for the Buckeyes to be included in the playoff

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Be it the right or wrong choice , I think even Miss St.fans know , or would have to admit , Ohio St. would bring a much larger audience to the playoff . Ole Miss might end the conversation before it even starts though .

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We barely beat PSU, and Alabama barely beat Arkansas. A win on the road in conference still counts for something in my book. Not sure why you would bring that up.

I make no excuses for our weak schedule, though. That is why we couldn't afford to lose to anyone. The B1G is just too weak right now to expect to survive a loss - much like the ACC.
Arkansas has been competitive in every game this season including close losses to ranked teams ( #1 Alabama, #6 at that time TAMU, #10 Georgia, #4 Miss St. and a Top 10 team at that time in Auburn) they beat then ranked LSU. And there is a good chance they defeat # 8 Ole Miss and they still have to play # 20 Missouri. 8 ranked teams out of 12 on their schedule.

Penn St. schedule is laughable compared to Arkansas. the only ranked opponent they have played is Ohio St. when they did meet, the Buckeyes struggled to beat them.

we both agreed that Ohio St. SOS is very weak. that is no fault of their own. the Big 10 is down this year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Be it the right or wrong choice , I think even Miss St.fans know , or would have to admit , Ohio St. would bring a much larger audience to the playoff . Ole Miss might end the conversation before it even starts though .
It's really much ado about nothing though. MSU might still win the SEC.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I watched that Va Tech/tOSU game and frankly can't remember much about it. I thought at the time that Va Tech was better than they've turned out to be. A loss early in the season, even if to a lesser team, has historically been much less harmful than one at the end of the year.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
State can slam the door shut on the BigXII and B1G with a resounding win vs UM. They are still in win&in status--only now they might need to win somewhat emphatically.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I watched that Va Tech/tOSU game and frankly can't remember much about it. I thought at the time that Va Tech was better than they've turned out to be. A loss early in the season, even if to a lesser team, has historically been much less harmful than one at the end of the year.
To sum it up, their defensive front seven lived 3-5 yards in our backfield through the entire game.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
can Urban Meyer really survive another game against Saban?
They should make Urban sign a waiver not holding Saban or Bama responsible for any medical condition including a psychiatric meltdown as a result of playing us again.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
State can slam the door shut on the BigXII and B1G with a resounding win vs UM. They are still in win&in status--only now they might need to win somewhat emphatically.
Disagree. If (and that's a big if) everyone wins out, and MSU, tOSU, Baylor and TCU are vying for that last spot, you'd have 12-1 Big-10 champ tOSU, 11-1 Big-12 champ Baylor, 11-1 MSU who not only didn't win their conference but didn't even win their division (gee, I think I've heard that before) and 11-1 TCU. It would be Okie St./Bama part II. The last time the BCS chose the SEC school...and were immediately scrapped. I don't think this committee was put into place to do the same thing. I also don't think ESPN put up an enormous sum of money for tv rights without somewhat "hedging" their bet, thus this committee with their "criteria". IMO MSU will need some teams to lose.

Of course if (God forbid) we lose to Auburn then...I don't really care what happens. In fact we'd probably be better off if no SEC team got in...after all, we recruit against most of 'em.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Disagree. If (and that's a big if) everyone wins out, and MSU, tOSU, Baylor and TCU are vying for that last spot, you'd have 12-1 Big-10 champ tOSU, 11-1 Big-12 champ Baylor, 11-1 MSU who not only didn't win their conference but didn't even win their division (gee, I think I've heard that before) and 11-1 TCU. It would be Okie St./Bama part II. The last time the BCS chose the SEC school...and were immediately scrapped. I don't think this committee was put into place to do the same thing. I also don't think ESPN put up an enormous sum of money for tv rights without somewhat "hedging" their bet, thus this committee with their "criteria". IMO MSU will need some teams to lose.

Of course if (God forbid) we lose to Auburn then...I don't really care what happens. In fact we'd probably be better off if no SEC team got in...after all, we recruit against most of 'em.
Well the committee has already proven they are quite adept at talking in circles BUT - they did say that if TCU & da-Bears finished tied they would consider them co-champions. That would mean they should consider MSU and Bama co-champions of the west division & allow them to be considered

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.