Favorite movie scenes

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm sort of a movie buff if you guys haven't figured that out by the way I post videos as responses. What are some of your favorite movie scenes?

Here's one of mine:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Another one from "The Godfather":

[video=youtube;ppjyB2MpxBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ppjyB2MpxBU#t=2[/video]

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
And one of the best Bond opening sequences:

[video=youtube;_kyQauA2udc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_kyQauA2udc#t=3[/video]

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
One of my all-time favorite scenes from sci-fi done the way it's supposed to be done. Do you believe this movie came out in 1982, just 5 years after Star Wars?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I've got to many to list here but, these are a handful that came to mind.

This one gets me every time and my dad is still alive and we still play catch from time to time but, it still gets me every time.

I wanted a clip all the way to the end of the movie but couldn't find one except the one below but, it is just the music. I love the music from this movie (one of my foavrite scores) and I think the scene is just as powerful with only music, a testament to John Williams' score.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
There are two perfect scenes in films that I can recall and I can't link either one...
1. The Baptism Scene in The Godfather
2. The ending scene in Unforgiven

Both scenes (a) provide a perfect ending to the story told in the film, (b) are multi-dimensional, contrasting innocence vs. evil both displayed by the main characters in the film, and (c) essentially define the character that you have been watching for the last couple of hours.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Some good ones here. One of my all-time faves has wrecked me many times these past decades; can't find the vid clip, but it's Jimmy Stewart speaking to his late wife Martha at her grave near the end of the movie, "Shenandoah":
"I don't even know what to say to you any more, Martha. There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess; the undertakers are winning. Politicians who talk about the glory of it. The old men who talk about the need of it. And the soldiers? Well, they just wanna go home."

Then there's this one (Particularly the 1st minute "earn this" and the last 1:30 "tell me I'm a good man")

And, of course, there's pretty much the entirety of "Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail," but in particular the "Help, I'm being repressed" & "Go away or I shall taunt you a second time" scenes. :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.