Is there a message being sent to the Big 12?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
ie. get a real Conference Championship game or don't come calling?

Is it a fact that Baylor and TCU need lots of help to get in? Its looking like Ohio State is being ranked right there on the "cusp" to get into the top 4 if they win their Conference Title game.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Is it a fact that Baylor and TCU need lots of help to get in? Its looking like Ohio State is being ranked right there on the "cusp" to get into the top 4 if they win their Conference Title game.

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the OSU loss. I know it was early, etc. etc. etc. But is there really a worse loss amongst teams in the top 25 than Va Tech this year?

And for the record, this is also why I would not take Duke seriously against FSU, and Duke played them closer than OSU.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I think Ohio State is the new "Notre Dame" and if they win out, they are in regardless of what Miss State does.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But what about the Ohio State factor?
Not the Ohio State factor, but the conference championship game factor. I agree with you that it could help us, but I don't see the committee as "sending a message" yet. Let's see what they do when all of the games have been played and then debate their final decisions.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Ohio State is the new "Notre Dame" and if they win out, they are in regardless of what Miss State does.
Really? The new ND? Where did that come from? You have no way of knowing this, but we hate ND more than you do. They live in our back yard.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Really? The new ND? Where did that come from? You have no way of knowing this, but we hate ND more than you do. They live in our back yard.
Meaning that you guys are getting all that "trendy" love now like ND was before they went on that slide. Ohio State is clearly the latest trendy pick. You guys are moving up the polls slowly but surely. The committee has put you guys into a position to where your Conference Title game will Catapult you into the final 4. Its just up to you guys to win out now.

Here is my prediction and lets pretend that my Tide, FSU and Oregon don't lose another game and Ohio State wins out.

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Florida State
4) Ohio State

That is what the final 4 will look like in the end.

Honestly, I dont think TCU or Baylor get in without some catastrophic upsets of the teams in front of them.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Meaning that you guys are getting all that "trendy" love now like ND was before they went on that slide. Ohio State is clearly the latest trendy pick. You guys are moving up the polls slowly but surely. The committee has put you guys into a position to where your Conference Title game will Catapult you into the final 4. Its just up to you guys to win out now.

Here is my prediction and lets pretend that my Tide, FSU and Oregon don't lose another game and Ohio State wins out.

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Florida State
4) Ohio State

Honestly, I dont think TCU or Baylor get in without some catastrophic upsets of the teams in front of them.
I agree that a lot of people are saying that now, but this is the first time that they are saying it. Just last week everyone still said that the VT loss was too much to overlook - and we had just beat MSU on the road. I agreed with them then, and have no idea why so many people have changed their tune just one week later. Beating the Gophers by 7 on the road in that weather was solid, but how does that make the VT loss disappear - for everyone?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Florida State
4) Ohio State

This is likely true, but OSU is not the new ND in the sense the they are getting by on reputation. They're playing good football right now and I'd put them in before either of the Big12 schools. The committee says "the 4 best teams" and right now OSU qualifies IMO. That's hurts to say too because I despise Urban.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I agree with you. However, what IF (you know if IFs and buts were ...) MSU loses to Ole Miss and God forbid, Alabama underachieves against the Barn, who will be left out? The SEC!

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
what it tells me is that the big 12 needs to get 2 more teams and have a championship game. It also sends a message nto the ind teams that you need to get into a conference or your chances of getting into the playoffs goes way down

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.