Marcus Lutrell Speech to Players before game (video was removed by UA Athletics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: SIAP. Marcus Lutrell Speech to Players before game

Oh good grief. Are they going to sell that and make money ? Otherwise what's the point of not sharing it with the fans.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

Powerful stuff. I can see why Brian Vogler said he was ready to run thru a wall after listening to Marcus.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000

I had the privilege of meeting Lutrell and hearing him speak Friday night. I recommend reading his book.
I don't know anything about the UA copyright claim from the athletic department but I suspect it involved the use of the movie clips in the video. I imagine the movie rights were granted to the University for exclusive use in the video and not for any other purpose.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

Found this on YouTube:

DELETED

Mods, If I'm not supposed to post, please delete.

ETA: They need to watch this before every game it's simply amazing what he has to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Most likely UA Athletics was only granted a license to show the movie clips to the team.
If I was Luttrell, I don't imagine I'd want my private comments to a closed groups broadcast for all to dissect. Considering some of his terminology, certain groups would go crazy. It was a cool video though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

UA produced the video I posted - and probably the others posted. I cant' find it on the website. Did they get in trouble producing it which led to them taking it down anywhere it was posted?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

UA produced the video I posted - and probably the others posted. I cant' find it on the website. Did they get in trouble producing it which led to them taking it down anywhere it was posted?
I suspect the were granted a license to use the film in the video, but it was not intended for public release. Limited licenses are often granted for stuff like this that are never supposed to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.