Opinions on the Possibility of Muschamp to Alabama

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
"Anything that we can do for him, we will certainly be there to help him every way we can." - Saban on Muschamp situation.

I know this quote doesn't really mean squat, but it kind of makes sense if it were to happen. Possibly hire Muschamp as Recruiting Coordinator and maybe Assistant Head Coach, get him on the staff and tearing up recruiting. Alabama would then be even more of a juggernaut in that category. Muschamp's career and reputation needs restoration and help right now, and very few people in the country can do that for him. Saban is one of those very few. Just like Kiffin right now.

*Also, if Kirby were to leave anytime soon, Saban would then have a coach on the staff he has worked with and knows to step in.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban has already let one former DC come home and work in a non-field related position when he hired Kevin Steele last year. I'm not sure there's a position for Muschamp at the moment anyway.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Will is not exactly going to be hurting for jobs... He'll be in well demand this coming season... I think he takes another HC job somewhere.. if Ron Zook can do that, so can he.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Who would have predicted Kiffin at Alabama? You just never know.

B

BamaJ

If not for Saban, I might be worried about the Miami Heat syndrome. Too many super starts (in this case, former HCs) on the same team. I also think, if he is offered (and he probably will be) Will takes a DC position somewhere. But I'd love to have him on staff. Talk about an all-star coaching staff.

If anyone thinks Saban wouldn't let Muschamp come work for him, you'd be missing Coach's point. I'm sure if given the opportunity Muschamp would do it. All he would have to do is ask. There is always turn over at Bama because of the demand for Bama's coaches and schools wanting to replicate Bama's success.

I think though he'll land at a big school outside the conference.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Does anyone know whether Coach Smart WANTS to be a head coach, or if he will be one of those well-respected career DCs like Bud Foster or John Chavis?

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Why do we need to take him? Auburn seems to be the school who takes on reject players from other schools. I don't see any reason why we would have to take all the reject coaches. :D

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I tell people all the time....being a HC isn't really the next step up from being an OC/DC (lol....imaginry rock group spinoff...anyways....). They are night and day different jobs with very different skill sets required. Some can do both. Some can't. I think CWM lands as a DC at a name school but won't go the HC route again for 2-3 years.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I tell people all the time....being a HC isn't really the next step up from being an OC/DC (lol....imaginry rock group spinoff...anyways....). They are night and day different jobs with very different skill sets required. Some can do both. Some can't. I think CWM lands as a DC at a name school but won't go the HC route again for 2-3 years.
Completely agree. I believe Kiffin's "stock" among programs has risen in the past year from being a coach of an elite team under CNS. Perhaps Muschamp could do the same at a top school.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
That doesnt make sense.... Look at our coaching staff....
Maybe not. The point I was trying to make is that we don't have to hire a coach just for the sake of hiring them if they don't serve a valid purpose. I felt like this thread was just asking if we would just hire him just because he used to work for Saban years ago.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Not going to happen. He likely would have answered the phone if he were interested. CNS said the right things which is what you do. Don't read too much into that.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I agree too with that. The football knowledge would be the technical side of the job essential to either position. But, are there any head coaches out there who did not serve as assistant coaches in some way before becoming a head coach. I have no idea. Even though the skill sets are different, it seems to be the natural progression.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.