Link: Mississippi State Eyes Playoff and Another Shot at Alabama

jaakRTR

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Lexington Alabama
Bama/Miss St. rematch will not happen.

I think the final poll will go like this (if these 4 teams win out)

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

See what happens? All 4 will be conference Champions, Alabama/Fla. St. plays in the Sugar Bowl (close for both teams and fans to travel to), Oregon/Ohio St. plays in the Rose Bowl (Have the traditional Pac12/Big10 Champion participants in the Rose Bowl). Ohio St. and Fla. St. might be reversed, but I would bet it goes down like this.

Jason

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I've been surprised to hear all the talk about Mullen making some big time move. Watching the end of that game and hearing him talk, I think he's lucky to have the job he has.
I agree with you and I have been saying for awhile he is in the right job.....mediocre coach at a mediocre program. His coaching is lacking and his whining is annoying. His 4-5 year experienced players were a perfect storm for him this year. I will laugh at any school that hires him. I dont think Foley is that crazy to run out and hire Mullen, but if he did, I would get a good laugh.

It has been said even at Florida, his offense is not good at coming from behind. And watching the BAMA/MSU game, his play calling sure had a lot to do with not being able to come back on a team. I actually believe this MSU team is pretty good and they could really be something special if they had a better coach.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I should be careful what I wish for, but I'm actually hoping for an MSU rematch / 2nd victory over the dogs. I have an LSU buddy that insists LSU was unfairly treated by playing us a 2nd time to win the 2011 (season) BCS Championship. In effect he believes it's impossible to beat a team twice in the same year, and no team should have to do it. Never mind pointing out it's happened multiple times in the past, he feels slighted one championship because of it. I want to shut him up on this topic once and for all.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
In effect he believes it's impossible to beat a team twice in the same year, and no team should have to do it.
Where does this train of thought come from, and why do people think this? I hear this same thing from multiple people. "It's hard to beat a team twice." ​Does that actually stand to reason?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I don't blame them, I guess. Losses are tough to swallow. I'm not going to overthink their reaction, nor call them delusional or whiners or whatnot. I'm sure we would like a rematch if we were on the outside looking in, and I'm sure some of our players would probably phrase it wrong when they voiced their wishes. I'll just say this - play your hearts out, MSU, and maybe you'll get your wish. It's only going to hurt worse the second time, though. Roll Tide.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
This thread is goofy. People say different things, but for the same reasons. "If we hadn't missed all those field goals". "If we hadn't thrown all those interceptions."

But, to jump on the silly train, both times we were the better team, and this time, we definitely were 19 point better at one point. Wish we would have kept our foot on the pedal, or something, and then this wouldn't even be a conversation.

This thread is goofy. People say different things, but for the same reasons. "If we hadn't missed all those field goals". "If we hadn't thrown all those interceptions."

But, to jump on the silly train, both times we were the better team, and this time, we definitely were 19 point better at one point. Wish we would have kept our foot on the pedal, or something, and then this wouldn't even be a conversation.
Agreed! Still though, it shouldn't be a conversation at all regardless. It took all they had to come back in the 2nd half and it still wasn't enough. A garbage TD in the waning seconds doesn't mean all that much. Just makes the score look like a better loss to them. What if Coop hadn't dropped all those passes? What if Yeldon was 100%? But you know they won't look at it that way.

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
MS has almost zero chance of getting in the playoffs.... we would be screwed as well if we were in their shoes. Bama, FS, Baylor, Oregon.. that's my prediction.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Bama/Miss St. rematch will not happen.

I think the final poll will go like this (if these 4 teams win out)

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

See what happens? All 4 will be conference Champions, Alabama/Fla. St. plays in the Sugar Bowl (close for both teams and fans to travel to), Oregon/Ohio St. plays in the Rose Bowl (Have the traditional Pac12/Big10 Champion participants in the Rose Bowl). Ohio St. and Fla. St. might be reversed, but I would bet it goes down like this.

Jason
i still think fsu loses to either uf or gt

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.