Link: Mississippi State Eyes Playoff and Another Shot at Alabama

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
My point is, they are a good enough challenge that respect should be given and not count them out. This was by FAR our closest game of the season at home, where we've been nigh invincible.
My respect for a team stops when the 'if Colt hadn't gotten hurt' excuses begin.

Let MSU play Bama when they've had time off to heal (like MSU did, playing a cream puff at home while Bama battled LSU in BR) and see how they feel about a rematch.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
They couldn't beat Bama in Starkville, they can't beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, what makes the "Chihuahuas" think they can beat Bama on a neutral site, with time to prepare? Pride goeth before the fall and they fell to Bama. Move on MSU.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That would be so Mississippi State-like that it's not even funny. This is a school that somehow lost to I-AA Maine and yet beat Florida the same year.
yep, thats the part that people seem to forget about being on top, you've got to be focused on whats to come, not what has been, and i don't know if they are that capable. they should beat vandy, but it would be hilarious if they face planted in that game. i think ole miss gets them, though

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
yep, thats the part that people seem to forget about being on top, you've got to be focused on whats to come, not what has been, and i don't know if they are that capable. they should beat vandy, but it would be hilarious if they face planted in that game. i think ole miss gets them, though
Same here. People have forgotten about Ole Miss, but they are still a great football team. And without that WR breaking his leg would probably still be in the lead for the West right now. MSU is gonna get beat if they keep looking backwards, as we know too well.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
The Committee hasn't had any Conference Champions to play with yet...they will have that to add to the mix in Dec., and I think two teams from the same conference (any conference) will not happen, even if they are two of the best four at the end of the season...too many tv $$$ not to spread it around.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
They have New Orleans hotel and bus travel packages for sale on their scout site. It's waaaaaaay too early to make those kind of reservations.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I dunno, I don't readily recall ever hearing Bama players whine like that. Has that happened in recent history, one of our players saying "if we'd only had more time"?
I tend to remember some comments after the 2011 LSU game but perhaps not to this degree. Of course, thke Supreme Court precedent was set by our own icon when he said we didn't lose in '73 to Notre Dame, "we just ran out of time."

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Mullins said in his post game press conference that they had the ball in the red zone six times and that should have been 42 points. He went on to say that if they would have scored touchdowns down there it would have been a blowout for them. He's a genius and it trickles down to their players. That's why Mississippi State will always be owned by Bama.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Mullins said in his post game press conference that they had the ball in the red zone six times and that should have been 42 points. He went on to say that if they would have scored touchdowns down there it would have been a blowout for them. He's a genius and it trickles down to their players. That's why Mississippi State will always be owned by Bama.
Yes and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped. There was a reason they didn't score in the red zone - the Bama defense.

For some reason I never felt uneasy during that game. Always felt like in the end we would do what we needed to do to hold on to the lead.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I honestly believe Mullen did not know it was the fourth quarter.
They certainly had no sense of urgency on those last 2 drives. Part of it was us keeping them in bounds and making them take at least 2 plays to move the sticks. The way they burned the clock down at the LOS being 2 scores under 2 minutes though just makes you scratch your head.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I've been surprised to hear all the talk about Mullen making some big time move. Watching the end of that game and hearing him talk, I think he's lucky to have the job he has.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.