Immigration Speech

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Illegal immigration problems could be solved easily with two "fences".
First, a real one on the southern border
Second, a virtual one around employers that would restrict illegals from working. (details to be worked out)

No jobs, no magnet
Agreed.
If I were Planetary Commander, I'd make it prohibitively expensive to get caught employing an illegal alien or to give any illegal alien anything remotely resembling a welfare payment.
And any Justice Department officer, ICE official or Federal judge who did anything to undermine that would be put in a canvas bag and thrown off the Tarpeian Rock.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
If I was Benevolent Dictator I would declare all illegals to be foreign invaders, thus terrorists, and use the full power of the NDAA to indefinitely detain them and anyone giving them monetary or legal support. I would imagine the chaos would be rather entertaining.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One part of his plan that I approve of is focusing deportation efforts on violent criminals. This doesn't strike me as "not enforcing the law" as some seem to think; rather, it's a considered application of limited resources--given that we can't deport all of them, how do we prioritize who to deport?
Stalin said, "It is not who votes that matters, it is who counts the votes that matters."
So applying that approach to the Administration, it is not that violent criminals get deported that matters, it is who gets to designate violent criminals that matters.
Obama Action DHS Sets New Immigration Rules Drunk Drivers, Sex Abusers, Drug Dealers, Gun Offenders Are Not Top Deportation Priorities.
Byron York said:
Priority Two offenders, whose cases are less urgent than criminals in Priority One, include the following:
DHS Regs said:
aliens convicted of a "significant misdemeanor," which for these purposes is an offense of domestic violence; sexual abuse or exploitation; burglary; unlawful possession or use of a firearm; drug distribution or trafficking; or driving under the influence; or if not an offense listed above, one for which the individual was sentenced to time in custody of 90 days or more (the sentence must involve time to be served in custody, and does not include a suspended sentence)
Priority Two also includes "aliens convicted of three or more misdemeanor offenses, other than minor traffic offenses or state or local offenses for which an essential element was the alien's immigration status."
But there's an important footnote to that. The three offenses must arise out of three separate incidents. If an illegal immigrant committed a single act that resulted in multiple misdemeanor charges, it would count as one charge for DHS counting purposes.
So, just trust this bunch to do what is right out of public scrutiny. Trust them.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Bamaro said:
Illegal immigration problems could be solved easily with two "fences".
First, a real one on the southern border
Second, a virtual one around employers that would restrict illegals from working. (details to be worked out)

No jobs, no magnet (and even Romney's self deportation idea would begin to work)
Agreed.
If I were Planetary Commander, I'd make it prohibitively expensive to get caught employing an illegal alien or to give any illegal alien anything remotely resembling a welfare payment.
And any Justice Department officer, ICE official or Federal judge who did anything to undermine that would be put in a canvas bag and thrown off the Tarpeian Rock.
I agree with you both.
And Fwiw, I never employ illegals Never have, never will. Thankfully, that's one thing the fed gov't can't force me to do.

What's more, I think we should all, as good citizens, make it our duty to spread the word around every business within our communities. Make them aware of the danger that hiring illegals presents and ask them to not hire them under any circumstances.
I guess asking that of Mexican restaurants is a bit much though, huh?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.