Immigration Speech

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Can't believe there isn't a thread on this yet. I wonder just how detailed these executive orders are going to be and what the Congress will attempt to do in return.

Also pretty interesting that none of the 4 major networks will be covering it but the largest Spanish network, Univision, will be...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6188952

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I will be consulting a copy of the U. S. Constitution immediately after the speech.

Oh, but our President is/was a Constitutional lawyer.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Can't believe there isn't a thread on this yet. I wonder just how detailed these executive orders are going to be and what the Congress will attempt to do in return.

Also pretty interesting that none of the 4 major networks will be covering it but the largest Spanish network, Univision, will be...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6188952
I honestly thought the thread would start during or immediately after the speech.

I guess those four networks are in the tank and see no news really happening. I'm surprised they are not covering this.?!?
Well, maybe I'm not really that surprised.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I am giddy with excitement over the concept of the pot boiling over. The talking has gotten tiresome, I want some reality tv to kick in.
LOL Cage match. Barack vs Mitch McConnell. Barack would take him! So could Michelle!

Or Survivor Politicos, hosted by Dick Cheney.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I will be consulting a copy of the U. S. Constitution immediately after the speech.

Oh, but our President is/was a Constitutional lawyer.
Calling yourself a Constitutional lawyer and abiding by the Constitution are two entirely different things. There are a lot of folks who claim they are Constitutional lawyers and twist and bend and bastardized the Constitution. Obama is that guy.

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
I love how he said that they illegally came here and broke the law but he only wants to deport the criminals.

Doesn't that statement mean that they are all criminals?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
It does not matter. None of it is enforceable without activating tens of thousands of soldiers for enforcement. Things will stay the same no matter what party is adressing imigration reform.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The President stated several times over the past few years that he did not have the power to do what he did today. What's changed? He has stated that he was the President of the U. S. not the Emperor and that his powers were limited by the U. S. Constitution.

Well, I guess we now have an EMPEROR! Are we going to have to bow down in front of his excellency.

That's one of those, "If ……, then ….." statements. If I do this then I'm that!

The 2nd coming of George III. Is old George III smiling in his grave 200+ years later?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
If the states realy wanted to tick him off we could start detaining illegals. Then we could bus them to sanctuary cities by the tens of thousands. I'd say the first few million get dropped off in Wash. D.C. Then San Fran, Seattle. I'm not talking a token number either. But I'm a smartass so I'm sure nothing like that would ever happen.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
If the states realy wanted to tick him off we could start detaining illegals. Then we could bus them to sanctuary cities by the tens of thousands. I'd say the first few million get dropped off in Wash. D.C. Then San Fran, Seattle. I'm not talking a token number either. But I'm a smartass so I'm sure nothing like that would ever happen.
Ironically, I'm sure the Feds would find the resources to stop such transportations.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.