Movie being made about Woodlawn High and Tony Nathan

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/11/jon_voight_cast_to_play_alabam.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Has anyone else seen this?

I am really excited by the prospects of this movie. Jon Voight will be playing Coach Bryant, and there is a Bama legacy playing Tony Nathan in one of the Castille's sons.

There are a few other decent name actors in it, and it builds to the state championship game that Nathan squared off against Jeff Rutledge's undefeated team.

What are your thoughts?

Forgive me if this should be NS material, since it's pertaining to Tony Nathan, I figured this was the best place for it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Jon Voight is a great actor, so I am interested in seeing how he will do.

I know some people who have been extras in this movie already. Pretty interesting.

Last edited:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I was just picking at you; an old Seinfield episode had one of the characters buying a car from "John Voight" thinking it was the actor, but later seeing that the title had a different spelling of the first name.:)
You are right. Oops.. I added the H by accident. You knew whom I was talking about though...:confused:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/11/jon_voight_cast_to_play_alabam.html#incart_m-rpt-2

There are a few other decent name actors in it, and it builds to the state championship game that Nathan squared off against Jeff Rutledge's undefeated team.

What are your thoughts?
That game between Banks and Woodlawn was actually in the regular season. The two teams were the best in the state but only one team per area went to the state playoffs back then and Banks won the game and the area as Banks and Woodlawn were in the same area. Sadly, Rutledge was hurt the next week in the final regular season game and Banks was beaten in the first round of the playoffs. I think 6 future SEC players (4 future NFL players) and one future Major League baseball player played in that game in front of over 40,000 people and it could have been over 60,000 if Legion Field had opened more than 2 gates.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.