Game Thread: Southern Miss. vs. Alabama (SEC Network 9pm Eastern)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
RTR! Pregame also!

As always, mind your manners. The same rules apply about profanity and obscenities, disguised or not, as at other times. Some folks aren't able to handle drinking and posting at the same time. If you're one of those people, stay out of the game thread, and we'll all be happier. In addition, rival fans should think long and hard before trying to participate, unless you’re 100% friendly. This is one thread each week where the tolerance for trash and stirring is absolute zero. The game threads are the only threads where "thread drift" is not allowed. Please stick close to comments on the game only. Save lengthy criticisms of players or coaches for the post game thread. The odds are that the rest of us aren't really that interested and are focusing on the game...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Roll Tide! Hopefully this will serve as another chance to gel for our younger guys before we get to preseason tournament play. Things will get pretty intense with Iowa State coming next week, and the potential for either Maryland or Arizona State coming a couple days later. Tack on Wichita State, and UCLA coming within the next 40 days, and you have a for a tough non-conference schedule.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Let's get it. Hopefully some improvement over the last game. Would help if we stay out of foul trouble..

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Wow the arena looks empty. Is there even 1000 people there?
I was just about to make the same comment, It's embarrassing. Talking about just gift wrapping the negative recruiting; "You can go to Bama where no one cares and no one will see your games, or you can come here." I know we are a football school, but the apathy is just awful.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I was just about to make the same comment. It's nearly embarrassing. Talking about just gift wrapping the negative recruiting. "You can go to Bama where no one cares and no one will see your games, or you can come here." I know we are a football school, but the apathy is just awful.
Yea. Maybe the crowd will thicken up some after football season and when we play some conference foes. The best antidote would be to win a bunch of games this year and be relevant. That will get butts in seats..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Great start by Levi. I'm appalled by the attendance.
We claim to want a basketball program, but we expect a coach to recruit great players to perform at a championship level, with a couple of thousand people in attendance, when they play.
Not gonna happen.
Pulling for the kids. Go Bama.
sip

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Yea. Maybe the crowd will thicken up some after football season and when we play some conference foes. The best antidote would be to win a bunch of games this year and be relevant. That will get butts in seats..
Indeed, but it seems we have this conversation every year. We always complain about the play of the team, and how bad attendance is. Still, players always play better in a better atmosphere. Makes you wonder if they had better crowd support if that would make the team play harder and win those close games we always seem to lose.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This looks like the "crowd" during Christmas break against a small school. Thursday is not a big study night for students unless things have changed since I was in school.
Is there even a student in the building? The student section looks as bare as the rest of the building. I just pray we get a better attendance for the UCLA game. How can we expect our team to succeed when we as a fan base look like a bunch of apathetic bandwagoners...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If you build it, they will come. The more wins the team has, the more people in the building.
Is there even a student in the building? The student section looks as bare as the rest of the building. I just pray we get a better attendance for the UCLA game. How can we expect our team to succeed when we as a fan base look like a bunch of apathetic bandwagoners...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
On a sidenote, I do love the chemistry of this team. We look like a much more complete team than we did the past couple of years. I don't know how many games we can win, but at least this team should be much more entertaining than last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.