CECIL HURT: No Reason to Continue Doubting Blake Sims

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Aren’t we past the point of doubting Blake Sims?

Apparently not, at least if you listened to Danny Sheridan. The former CBS analyst was on the talk radio airwaves, taking a break from Bagman-hunting to recycle some stale arguments from August and adding that, in his opinion, Sims was “the eighth or ninth best quarterback in the SEC.”

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I heard Sheridan for the first time last night. I was watching the PF show on the SEC Network while waiting for the WVU kick-off and he had Sheridan on. Sheridan was emphatic that Auburn was going to score, and score often, against Alabama. He did not believe that Sims or the Alabama offense were very good and, while not predicting an outcome, made it clear that he thinks that Alabama will lose this game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I heard Sheridan for the first time last night. I was watching the PF show on the SEC Network while waiting for the WVU kick-off and he had Sheridan on. Sheridan was emphatic that Auburn was going to score, and score often, against Alabama. He did not believe that Sims or the Alabama offense were very good and, while not predicting an outcome, made it clear that he thinks that Alabama will lose this game.
I cut it off before the q and a session with Danny and the finebaum natives, but I remember him saying if Williams and coats are ready to go then they would score often on bama, but if Williams is not then alabama double teams coats and shuts down Marshall. Idk remember him leaning big on auburn, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made a remark about sims either

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The barn is going to score and score often, kind of like they did at uga last week right danny?

Everyone is entitled to his or her own educated opinion I guess. Now we have to look at what the research tells us, because everyone can see the numbers. From what the numbers tell us, DS is out of his mind. To this point. Big Hero 6 has better stats passing and running (by a WIDE margin) than AJ has but you know he didn't look at the stats. He just comes up with whatever.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I cut it off before the q and a session with Danny and the finebaum natives, but I remember him saying if Williams and coats are ready to go then they would score often on bama, but if Williams is not then alabama double teams coats and shuts down Marshall. Idk remember him leaning big on auburn, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made a remark about sims either
Yep - his comments sounded reasonable until he was asked what happens if Williams plays. Apparently, in Sheridan's mind, all of Auburn's problems are a result of Williams' injury. I wonder if he even watched their games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.