Bama Will Make the NCAA Tourney

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It has taken me a while to get a good idea of where we are as a team. I've been burned by getting too excited early in the year only to have us blow a game to a team who has no business beatings us before the SEC schedule starts.

Assuming no injuries to key players, I have to say this by far the best team we have had since Grant's arrival. I will say right now that we have a legitimate shot at the NCAA tourney this year. I have been as critical as anyone of Grant, but I do think that as of right now he is on the right track. The new assistant has made a world of difference offensively. Passing is much more crisp, decision making is faster, and the players are constantly moving on offense. The defense is a work in progress, but that will come with time and the kids getting to know each other better. This team has a chance to be special. We have to get behind this team and support them.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm still reserving judgment until we play a team with a pulse. I do think this is one of the better teams CAG has had, but in all honesty that really isn't saying much considering he has made the tournament what once in 6 years - I could be wrong about that, trying to remember off the top of my head..

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
still too early to judge IMO.. we will know what we are working with after playing ISU...They have had some pretty good teams over the years.
Agreed. Still got to win the games, RPI factors, etc......

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
USM has been a pretty darn good basketball team for several years now, and they were undefeated. So right now, I'm just glad we got a very good win and we're 3-0.
The team, to me, looks like it's a puzzle with all the pieces in the right place at this point.
The improvement of Jimmy Taylor has been critical. We finally have an inside presence again.
We have a true point guard, depth, we can shoot a little better, we play unselfishly, we play defense, Levi is an incredible all around player, and we're 3-0.
I'm ecstatic at this point.
That being said, I'll also say this. If we don't start putting some people in the stands we don't really have a right to gripe about anything.
That was a pathetic example of support last night. I felt for the kids that there were so few supporters in the stands.
I hope it changes because I think this team has a chance to be really good.
Roll Tide. I have always loved Alabama Basketball!
sip

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I agree with everything that has been said, we have a better shot at making the NCAA tourney this year than in the past few years however we still have to prove ourselves against a quality opponent. Taylor has improved significantly and the newcomers are making their presence known very quickly. I'm still concerned about our inside game if Taylor gets injured or gets into early foul trouble but Kessens, Hale, and Norris all have good height and can play either the 4 or 5 if needed.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
USM has been a pretty darn good basketball team for several years now, and they were undefeated. So right now, I'm just glad we got a very good win and we're 3-0.
The team, to me, looks like it's a puzzle with all the pieces in the right place at this point.
The improvement of Jimmy Taylor has been critical. We finally have an inside presence again.
We have a true point guard, depth, we can shoot a little better, we play unselfishly, we play defense, Levi is an incredible all around player, and we're 3-0.
I'm ecstatic at this point.
That being said, I'll also say this. If we don't start putting some people in the stands we don't really have a right to gripe about anything.
That was a pathetic example of support last night. I felt for the kids that there were so few supporters in the stands.
I hope it changes because I think this team has a chance to be really good.
Roll Tide. I have always loved Alabama Basketball!
sip
I agree, but it may take a few more wins to get the bad taste of last season out of people's mouths before they start showing up again. I would love to see Coleman rocking again soon.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think ISU will be a game to measure us somewhat, but I don't think it will be a season defining game. I mean the Gators struggled last evening with a small school and LSU lost to Old Diminion. It's all about growing at this moment.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't meant to say we won't lose some games, every team does, but based on what I've seen in person I think we'll compete in the SEC this year. We are a much improved team. We may not beat ISU, but our season is not over if we don't beat them. This team is a work in progress, but I think we will be much better this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.