I'm Going To Watch #1 Class 3A Madison County play tonight

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
They play my old high school team & my daughter marches in our band, but, with Madison County being #1, is there any D1 type players I can look out for, that plays on Madison County..List any players from Madison County we may be recruiting & I'll tell y'all how good they are..After watching them play my old high school team..

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
You mean Madison Academy. Several college prospects.. RB's Johnson and Miller. Johnson is a safety too I think. Auburn commit. Malik Miller is a junior. Seems like they have a giant lineman who has some offers Soph I think. Amazing how a small private school is loaded with talent?

Madison County High School is just down the road from me. 4A now i think. MCHS is in the second round of the play offs. I think they have a statue of me in front of the school :)

Enjoy the game looks to be a beautiful evening.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
You're right & it's Madison Academy & will watch their RB' s for sure..Appreciate the info & will let y'all know how good they are..
You mean Madison Academy. Several college prospects.. RB's Johnson and Miller. Johnson is a safety too I think. Auburn commit. Malik Miller is a junior. Seems like they have a giant lineman who has some offers Soph I think. Amazing how a small private school is loaded with talent?

Madison County High School is just down the road from me. 4A now i think. MCHS is in the second round of the play offs. I think they have a statue of me in front of the school :)

Enjoy the game looks to be a beautiful evening.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Just got home from the game or I should say "Curb Stomping" Madison Academy put on my old high school football team Walter Wellborn..Madison Academy is scary good..Both Kerryon & Malik are as good of a RB tandem I've seen on the high school level..Especially Kerryon..Kerryon reminds me of Tyren Jones running the ball & is lightning fast, one of those RB's, that if you blink your eye's he's literally 30yrds down the field in a cloud of dust..And Malik is a lil bowling ball type RB, he isn't on the level of Kerryon, but, is one stout dude to bring down when he gets a head of steam..

I really hope we land Kerryon cause he an awesome talent at RB..Madison Academy has one helluve well coached team..And goodness their O-Line is freaking huge..There's a couple Offensive Linemen I hope we're looking at as well..There's a couple O-Lineman that's 6-4 320pds easily & are really quick off the ball..I've never seen Wellborn literally man-handled like we were tonight..Madison Academy dominated us at every phase of the game..Just a very well coached team..Beat us 63-14 I think was the final..I think we got a gimme type TD at the end of the game..It was a straight up beat down of epic proportions & we stood no chance..And Kerryon lives up to the hype & is a speacil talent at RB..A true Blue Chipper & would fit in nicely in our stable of RB's..Wellborn had 6 starters suspended from the game..Cause of a fight at the end of last weeks win against Oakman High School..Our starting QB, RB, K & 3 more players got into a fight last week & suspended for this game..It's a shame & just way to much to overcome against a team like Madison Academy..

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Johnson has committed to the Barn. CNS wanted him as a DB. Who knows if CNS might offer him at RB, eventually.

Miller reminds me of Jalston Fowler.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
IMHO we should make a push for Kerryon and give him an opportunity to play RB. With Kiffin running the offense I think we are shifting directions everso slightly so that a RB with his attributes might be a better fit now than in the past. Plus if we want a shot at Miller next year and the OL the year after that, having Kerryon to help us recruit would be a good thing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IMHO we should make a push for Kerryon and give him an opportunity to play RB. With Kiffin running the offense I think we are shifting directions everso slightly so that a RB with his attributes might be a better fit now than in the past. Plus if we want a shot at Miller next year and the OL the year after that, having Kerryon to help us recruit would be a good thing.
He may be all Auburn by now, but it would be interesting to see what might happen if CNS gave him the green light for accepting as a RB. I hate seeing great talent like Roc Thomas and Kerryon Johnson go to the Barn. Maybe this state championship performance changes some minds about where he might could play.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hey TideMan! Don't worry about confusing Madison Academy with Madison County High School. Our own local paper in Madison County can't get it right. :eek2:

The Huntsville Times sports headline last Sunday was Madison County advances to state finals.. They actually meant Madison Academy. Pretty bad.

Madison Academy won their 3rd straight state title today. 70-36. Johnson had 6 TDs and 300 yards of offense in 3 qtrs.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Hey TideMan! Don't worry about confusing Madison Academy with Madison County High School. Our own local paper in Madison County can't get it right. :eek2:

The Huntsville Times sports headline last Sunday was Madison County advances to state finals.. They actually meant Madison Academy. Pretty bad.

Madison Academy won their 3rd straight state title today. 70-36. Johnson had 6 TDs and 300 yards of offense in 3 qtrs.
Seebell, i see you're from gurley? i grew up, played ball and graduated from MCHS, lived right down the road from the new HS until i got married. Did you go to MCHS too?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's awesome & I'm not surprised in the least bit that Madison Academy won the State Title..They absolutely put a curb stomping on Wellborn & there wasn't a dang thing we could do about it..It was the 1st time I've witnessed a team hang 60+ points on us at "The Hill"..Home field advantage at "The Hill" usually allows Wellborn to win games we're not supposed to win or at least make the game respectable..It was almost like watching a video game & teams puts up ridicolous kinda #'s..But..Madison Academy had the best offense I've seen any team that's played Wellborn or at least the games I witnessed anyways..Congrats & I'm glad to see them win it all..Makes that curb stomping we took a lil more bearable..LOL

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Seebell, i see you're from gurley? i grew up, played ball and graduated from MCHS, lived right down the road from the new HS until i got married. Did you go to MCHS too?
Sorry for the late reply. No I went to the old Butler High in Huntsville. My soon graduated from MCHS in 2008. I was involved in the basketball and soccer programs. I moved out to Maysville in 1981. In Big M behind the Church of Christ. What kind of ball did you play and when did you go to MCHS?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.