Chip Brown claims SEC working to prevent aTm-UTw bowl game

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's pretty silly notion that the SEC offices are really worried about Texas A&M beating Texas in recruiting.

Yeah, I'm sure LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Miss. State have been lobbying the SEC on behalf of Texas A&M recruiting.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-alabama-sec-texas-am-bowl-game-cfb-am-111914

http://texas.scout.com/story/1482131-kod-sec-v-a-m-texas-tcu-tech-traitor?s=110

Let's see............isn't he the guy who screamed the loudest that Saban to Bevo U was a done deal? Links provided for your entertainment value. Which might be minimal.
I hope the SEC and aTm in concert decide that aTm should play someone else more deserving in a Bowl game. Their, the Horns, AD has said he doesn't want to renew that rivalry. So, I'll take him at his word.

Here's a good match for Texas: Arkansas in the Texas Bowl. Here's hoping they are bowl eligible. If that doesn't work, how about Tennercee if they become bowl eligible.

The Horns have been toooooooooo arrogant throughout their history and for tooooo long. aTm got away from that arrogance for a reason! I would be disappointed if aTm decided to play the Horns. DeLoss or DeLoser, whatever his name was, was just like the current AD only much worse! He didn't want to reschedule aTm. So be it!

The two schools playing in the future would be okay as long as both are willing to play it. If I were the aTm AD, I'd say we will play you when you want in the future, but we will only play you at Kyle Field. That means, you come to the Big House in Texas to play us. You can even setup your Longhorn Network in Bryan, Texas since the SEC Network will be setup at our stadium! It's time for aTm to show some arrogance! What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I hope the SEC and aTm in concert decide that aTm should play someone else more deserving in a Bowl game. Their, the Horns, AD has said he doesn't want to renew that rivalry. So, I'll take him at his word.

Here's a good match for Texas: Arkansas in the Texas Bowl. Here's hoping they are bowl eligible. If that doesn't work, how about Tennercee if they become bowl eligible.

The Horns have been toooooooooo arrogant throughout their history and for tooooo long. aTm got away from that arrogance for a reason! I would be disappointed if aTm decided to play the Horns. DeLoss or DeLoser, whatever his name was, was just like the current AD only much worse! He didn't want to reschedule aTm. So be it!

The two schools playing in the future would be okay as long as both are willing to play it. If I were the aTm AD, I'd say we will play you when you want in the future, but we will only play you at Kyle Field. That means, you come to the Big House in Texas to play us. You can even setup your Longhorn Network in Bryan, Texas since the SEC Network will be setup at our stadium! It's time for aTm to show some arrogance! What's good for the goose is good for the gander!
If the Barn keeps up their stellar SEC play it might be them going to the Tejas Bowl.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Chip Brown is an idiot and blow hard. He took lots of flack last year all but guaranteeing Saban to Texas as well as several other coaches... He also reported other coaches before Strong was hired. I'd trust a 12 yr old before Chip Brown.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Wow Fox Sports, Chip Brown is an objective source.

Doesnt have to be true, headline is SEC and TAMU is afraid of Texas. Damage done. I hope the league office follows up on this.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Texas playing their version of the barn is going to sell a lot more tickets to a bowl game in Texas than
Texas playing Arky, our barn or UcheaT.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I wish they kept the rivalry. Florida and FSU, UGA and GT, SCAR and Clemson all keep their non-conference rivalries going. I know it won't happen, but it was always an enjoyable part of college football (for this non-Texan, anyway).

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
If there is any truth at all to any of this....isn't it far more likely that the SEC office has let bowls know that the SEC does not favor a UT/A&M match up on A&M's behalf because of how UT has acted towards them? No one is scared of UT--that's preposterous. But why allow UT to benefit from the exposure of playing a league from the premier conference in football after UT practically slapped A&M in the face? Let 'em go play Arizona or Duke or somebody.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If there is any truth at all to any of this....isn't it far more likely that the SEC office has let bowls know that the SEC does not favor a UT/A&M match up on A&M's behalf because of how UT has acted towards them? No one is scared of UT--that's preposterous. But why allow UT to benefit from the exposure of playing a league from the premier conference in football after UT practically slapped A&M in the face? Let 'em go play Arizona or Duke or somebody.
This. Aggies left to establish their own identity away from big brother. I applaud them for that. Wounds still too fresh. One day, I hope they can renew the rivalry, but not a one and done bowl game.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Wow Fox Sports, Chip Brown is an objective source.

Doesnt have to be true, headline is SEC and TAMU is afraid of Texas. Damage done. I hope the league office follows up on this.
Nah, there's no damage done. Texas is a laughing stock. They refuse to schedule A&M because they can't compete. Chip Brown is a buffoon.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me translate for you:

"Since we's ain't good 'nuff to play in dem dere big games no mo' (e'er sintz Cult got hurt er we'da won), we's got to stay in de limelight. Last year? We har a new cutch and raddle dey cages cuz Saban wuz burn to cutch at Tex-us. Can't far the black dude after one yare so......howz can we get in da newz? I KNOW!! I KNOW!!! We attack de SEC 'un say dey skeered of us!!"

And then Chip sit back and say, "Look whut I dun!!"

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nah, there's no damage done. Texas is a laughing stock. They refuse to schedule A&M because they can't compete. Chip Brown is a buffoon.

They seem to be into revisionism. FOX sports bit on it. Fox is the anti-ESPN,anti- SEC . articles include subjects like this and SEC officials protect Alabama. West of the MISSISSIPPI, these stories have traction , so there is damage. Plant the seed and see what grows.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
The Horns have been toooooooooo arrogant throughout their history and for tooooo long.
Why wouldn't they be arrogant? In the last 40 years, they've won just as many national championships as Colorado, Georgia Tech, BYU, Clemson and Auburn.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.