Toronto Maple Leafs Fans Finish US National Anthem After Microphone Fails

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
So much "lose" in the news these days. Something to give you hope for the future of humanity. Nashville visited Toronto Tuesday night. The Canadian anthem was played, followed by the US anthem. During the Star Spangled Banner, the mike malfunctioned. Without skipping a beat, the good people of Toronto picked it up and finished in a very classy and touching impromptu moment:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I'm impressed. If the roles were reversed, I can't imagine a USA crowd knowing the words to the Canadian anthem.
When we traveled up to Memphis to watch the minor league hockey game between the Channel Cats and the River Kings, the fans would sing Oh Canada along with the recording.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm impressed. If the roles were reversed, I can't imagine a USA crowd knowing the words to the Canadian anthem.
Nope, but I'm going to learn them.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.